PDA

View Full Version : Is the Teach Me bass course right for me??

pain995
12-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi I came across this course while searching for some help with my playing. As the title of my post asks. I'm wondering if this course will help me with my playing. My main music that I like to listen and play to is more of a hard rock style. I had played Bass when I was young and put it down for 17 years when I started a family since that took all my time. Now I have decided it is time for me to start again. I have been playing again for about a year but could use some help. Anyone out there that is using this course that plays hard rock / metal? And if so how would you say it has helped with your playing. Thank you all for any info.

jthomas353
12-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Hello Pain995,

No hard rock or metal here but the TMBG course will teach you how to play the bass very effectively. Once you have the course under your belt, you should be very comfortable learning any genre of bass that you desire. The TMBG course will give you the solid foundation you need.

John

Elmeaux
12-02-2010, 08:23 PM
He's right. If you take the course, you will learn fundamental skills you can take with into any style of playing you choose.

SilverFlame46
12-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Don't pass on the TMBG Course. Once you have completed the TMBG Course you will be able to go to any playimg level or style you want. You will not be sorry if you purchase TMBG!!!

c-note
12-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Could'nt have said it better

wmcdougle
12-03-2010, 09:05 AM
I agree with all who have replyed and would add that you band members will appreciate your new knowledge and versitility in your bass playing and it will make them better. You will progress from the bass player to the backbone of your group.

Warren

Bass4Gsus
12-03-2010, 09:06 AM
I also got back into music many years ago, this time took lessons starting on guitar then bass. In some ways I wasted my lessons by not practicing effectively. I have been playing for many years since. I felt like I was stagnating and trying to go back and learn all the basics properly. Then I stumbled on TMBG, and took a chance. It has been filling in all the gaps I missed, and helped flesh out what I did remember and build on it. You put in the effort, you will see results.

I play a lot of various styles, if you learn and study music including theory (at least the basics) you will use it in any style. The more you know the better off you are, there is no such thing as only rock. Many many styles have influenced rock, it makes sense to learn them.

The only style I have difficulty with is slap, I never slapped before, I tried, bought books and made the effort, but it was hopeless. I have been working on the slap chapter, and can state as a raw beginner in slap, TMBG works. I am making progress. Roy presents the material in a way you can follow and make progress. This chapter is taking me the longest, but that is because you work on TMBG at your own pace and you take the time you need.

And thanks to Roy's recommendation for my situation, I am working on additional material as part of my lesson plan. Not only do I feel I have improved, people have noticed a difference.

It's working for me.

TobiasMan
12-03-2010, 10:44 AM
I've been playing bass for many years now, but like Bass4Gsus, I needed something to kick me in the butt to get out of my rut. :eek:

Running through this course has filled in many of the holes I had in my bass playing education as well as correcting a number of lazy/sloppy/bad habits that I'd developed over time. :(

Not a cent of this course cost was wasted!!!!! :cool:

pain995
12-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks everyone!! I guess you sold me I'll be placing my order right after this post. I'll keep in touch with how things are going. Happy Holidays to All!!

Lou

c-note
12-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Happy holiday's Lou and welcome to the row

SilverFlame46
12-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks everyone!! I guess you sold me I'll be placing my order right after this post. I'll keep in touch with how things are going. Happy Holidays to All!!

Lou

Hey Lou, I know you will not be disappointed. Welcome to the family!!!

Greg Jewell
12-03-2010, 02:23 PM
If you are looking for a practical, proven, cost effective way to refresh and improve your bass playing skills...TMBG is indeed the way to go. You can be a one note wonder or a root 5th guy for the rest of your life, or you can learn to read music, understand fingerboard geography, brush-up on music theory, and learn to lay down your own grooves. Buy the program. Invest in yourself, and don't look back.

pain995
12-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Just tracked my order and it should be in probably by tomorrow. Went out to Guitar center last night to upgrade my bass and couldn't decide between a "Sterling by Music Man Ray 34" or a "Schecter Stiletto Elite 4". So what do I do?? I buy both :D ahh the wife she loves me. Anyway looking forward to getting started on my new journey to actually know what I am doing while playing.

Elmeaux
12-07-2010, 12:31 PM
I like your way of thinking. I guess your wife should feel lucky you weren't trying to choose between THREE models...or FOUR...or five...or six...or...