PDA

View Full Version : Time to make my introduction.

redrider0815
04-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Hello everyone,

I have checked the board a couple of times since I have started the TMBG course and now I figure it is time to say a proper "Hello".

My screen name is Redrider0815, but people just call me MO. I am a self taught guitar player and have been working at it for about 3 years now. I am not what anyone would call accomplished with the instrument, but I really enjoy strumming along with others and playing a little at church. Learning the guitar has been a bit of a struggle.

Now, about 8 months back I picked up the bass my wife bought me a couple of years ago (Until then it was an expensive piece of wall art.) MAN... I should have tried the bass much sooner. The instrument just fits for me, it seems so natural and logical. I have advanced further in the bass in the short time I have been playing than I have with guitar. At least all of the theory I have absorbed in the last few years is making sense. I will never give either one up because I know that as I get better on the bottom end I will improve with the skinny strings.

MO

JeffB
04-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Good to know Mo, we are about the same level then with regards to the guitar.
Can I ask what course, if any, you used to learn the guitar?

redrider0815
04-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Hey JeffB,

I did not use a course per sey. I used the internet, bought a few books (mostly unused) did TONS and TONS of reading and spent a lot of time just fooling around with the guitar. The one "course" I did buy, and got a lot of useful information from, was from Guitar College. I got the College Starter Pack, http://www.guitarcollege.net/start1.html. There is a lot of theory information and I found some of the information re the CAGED system useful.

Alas, I did not have the study ethic with the program that I have with TMBG. Why I don't know, I guess I am just a bass player at heart. :cool: Perhaps I will revisit the course one day.

JeffB
04-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Cool, I havent heard of that course. I was seeing if the bass course compared to the guitar course I use, but...

I did just buy the TMBG series. :p Look for me on the 'inside' soon

Now I need to find even MORE time to practice, Im taking Roys advice and sticking with my guitar as well through this.

Lane on Bass
04-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Welcome, MO! Great to see you here. Looking forward to getting to know you.

thunderman
05-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Hey, Mo -

I know what you mean about "finding" the bass. It's like love, when it happens, you know it!

Elmeaux
05-18-2010, 04:29 PM
So the question is: Do you find the Bass or does the Bass find you? The instrument just talks to certain people, y'know?

redrider0815
05-19-2010, 07:20 AM
AMEN Brother! :cool: