PDA

View Full Version : Heating the Fireplace in the Chateau!!

Elmeaux
12-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm going to try and breach the time zone differences through which we all suffer as bassists spread out over the world.

This Friday, the 10th of December, I will be lurking about in the Chateau once at about 10AM Central time, and then again at about 7PM Central time.

Pick what's more convenient for you and come spend a little time...let's share some holiday cheer, chat about the end of this year and our plans for the next.

The times should allow more opportunities for people to drop by.

Also, maybe go ahead and check out in advance that you have access to the Chateau, and that the application works properly for you, so that when the time comes, there are fewer people stuck out in the cold.

Ho-ho-hope to see you there!!!

Patrick
12-08-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm going to try and breach the time zone differences through which we all suffer as bassists spread out over the world.

This Friday, the 10th of December, I will be lurking about in the Chateau once at about 10AM Central time, and then again at about 7PM Central time.

Pick what's more convenient for you and come spend a little time...let's share some holiday cheer, chat about the end of this year and our plans for the next.

The times should allow more opportunities for people to drop by.

Also, maybe go ahead and check out in advance that you have access to the Chateau, and that the application works properly for you, so that when the time comes, there are fewer people stuck out in the cold.

Ho-ho-hope to see you there!!!

Is that America - Chicago Central Time ?

If so, that would translate for us Europeans to :
10 AM Central Time -> 05 PM (or 17:00 as we say) Central European Time (CET) or GMT +1
7PM Central Time -> 02 AM (02:00) Central European Time (CET)

I might be able to join the 10 AM chat if these conversions are correct (have diner around 5pm so it might be around 10:30 AM for you) but the 7 PM chat is not possible since I'm at work at that time (have the night or "graveyard" (as Americans seem to call it) shift so I'll be at work and out of range of any networked computer).

Oh, and will this be a "web-based" chat or can I also connect with an IRC client (like mIRC or X-Chat ?).

And for the people who also want to calculate their timezone there is a convertor here : http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Elmeaux
12-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes...all times are CENTRAL as in North America...I believe we are GMT -6....for me, it's Manitoba, Canada.

I don't know from "web based" chat. I just click on the button for the Chat Room and it takes me to the Chateau.

Patrick
12-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I saw more "central time" options but I don't know if they are the same or different. Chicago was the only one that just had "Central Time" mentioned, the others had some more information.

About the GMT, I know we are GMT+1 (1 hour difference with the UK) but I'm not 100% sure about DST (Daylight Savings Time).

as for the chat I just checked and it looks like it's web-based (through your webbrowser) only.

Elmeaux
12-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Let me put it this way...if the chat was scheduled for today....it would start in about 40 minutes. It's twenty past nine AM right now. (Time stamped on reply)

Patrick
12-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Then I'm correct, since then it would be 17:00 (5 pm) here.

TLDTR
12-09-2010, 09:48 PM
In which case we'd be in Belgium...
Helpful note from Ed.

Elmeaux
12-10-2010, 03:50 AM
I can't go to Belgium!! My amp wouldn't work in their outlets!!

Patrick
12-10-2010, 07:04 AM
I can't go to Belgium!! My amp wouldn't work in their outlets!!

They have special outlet convertors for that, but you should note that we have 230Volts at 50Hz and not 110Volts at 60Hz (at least that's what I'm told is used in the USA and some other countries).

But most modern equipment should work with both voltages (stuff like laptops and cell phones I guess).

Elmeaux
12-10-2010, 07:58 AM
I'll start packing right away.

:p

Patrick
12-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Great !

Here (http://www.stichtingkunstboek.com/default.asp?boek=302&so=20) is some mandatory reading for your trip ;) ;)

SilverFlame46
12-10-2010, 08:34 AM
I'lllll DRINK ta that!!!:D

TobiasMan
12-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Most bass amps don't auto convert from 110 to 220/230. Some required jumpers inside to be changed and sometimes also the fuse needs to be changed. Some amps are just not easy to convert at all.

Elmeaux
12-10-2010, 07:18 PM
The evening Christmas chat is on now. Drop by and say HI

Patrick
12-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Most bass amps don't auto convert from 110 to 220/230. Some required jumpers inside to be changed and sometimes also the fuse needs to be changed. Some amps are just not easy to convert at all.

As out teacher (Electricity) would say : "it works very good for a very short time"