PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite Amp

thunderman
04-21-2010, 07:54 PM
My favorite bass amp was an old Ampeg fliptop tube type. That 15" speaker put out the sweetest sounds. I made the mistake of loaning it to a friend. I lived in Maine at the time, and he wanted to "borrow" it to take to Florida for the winter. So, I let it go. What he didn't tell me was that he was SAILING to Florida! Of course, there was no room for my beauty in the cabin, so he STRAPPED IT TO THE DECK! WITH THE WHEELS DOWN! Well, as I heard it later, they encountered some heavy weather off the coast of New Jersey and ... well, I'm finding it hard to see through the tears ... but that amp is now lying under thirty-odd fathoms of cold North Atlantic ocean. If anyone has a sadder amp tale than that, I'd like to hear it!:(

JeffB
04-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Probably pretty compressed sounding now Yuck Yuck Yuck :p

Sorry, boat insurance might cover it?

Lane on Bass
04-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Man, that's horrible! If the "friend" can afford a sail boat, he can afford to replace your amp.

Or, he can trade you the sail boat... you sell boat and buy six more.

Either way works for me. ;)

TLDTR
05-01-2010, 04:33 PM
I hate to think I'm the only one who's lost a favorite piece of equipment. Somebody tell me something to make me feel better!

Greg Jewell
07-21-2010, 11:41 AM
If you find a sea shell off the coast of New Jersey and hold it to you ear...you will hear the roar from that Ampeg flip top.
She lives...

Greg