PDA

View Full Version : Tim Here

Tim
04-24-2010, 08:38 PM
My name is Tim and i am new to the bass. I decided that I wanted to learn about 7 months ago and started looking at basses. 2 months after i started playing bass my company hosted a local talent show and i could not wait to play in front of people; so i found myself a drummer guitar player and a vocalist and started rehursing. i wanted to play something that had a cool bass line and something that everyone would know so i choose "Come Together" I have played drums for 22 years so i had no problem getting in the pocket with the drummer and we won 2nd place. not bad for only playing a couple of months i thought. but then i decided that i was going to learn music theroy and how to sight read so the research to find the best route to that began. Living in a small town in Oklahoma made it diffuclt to find a bass teacher and i had to find other means to get what i want; thats where Roy and the TMBG staff came into my life; i found the ad for TMBG in the Bass Player magazine and looked up a small clip on utube and thought to myself "if there is anyway that i can learn this it is from this guy" I am only on lesson 1 but i am taking my time and trying to absorb all the information. I am 35 years old and am looking forward to being able to jam with any stlye of music and with any type of musician and i belive that this course is going to get me closer to my goal.

Thanks to Roy and all the members of the TMBG team.

~Tim

redrider0815
04-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Welcome, I am sure you will find the people here are great and the course will be a BIG help in achieving your musical goals.

Tim
04-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks red; i hope to meet alot of good people along the way

Lane on Bass
05-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Welcome to Thunder Row, Tim. Great to have you... we can ALWAYS use more bass players.

thunderman
05-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Hey, Tim. Welcome to ThunderRow! Since you're a drummer, you've got a head start!