PDA

View Full Version : End Of Year In The Chateau Groove

Elmeaux
12-19-2010, 09:21 AM
December 30, 2010

Come spend some time in the Chateau Groove. Let's say goodbye to 2010 and think about what we've all learned in bass guitar.

What are your goals for your playing in the new year? To join a band? To play in public? To make the cut for the church band or community centre band? To master Funky In The Phonepoles?

Or - and if I may speak for us all - to meet Ralph in person.

As well, let's celebrate each other as newly found friends!

I'll be in the Chateau at 10AM Central Time (Canada/US) and then again at 8PM Central Time, so we can make time for our members from all around the world.

Hope to see you there!!

PS - the event is marked on the calendar, where you can request to be reminded when the time is near!!!

Roy
12-19-2010, 03:57 PM
I will make one of these. I may be in the studio recording a CD that day, so if that's the case I'll be online in the evening chat. If we get everything done on Wednesday, I'll make the AM chat as well.

Elmeaux
12-19-2010, 09:07 PM
YAY! Thanks, Roy!

Patrick
12-20-2010, 03:55 AM
The 30th is my mothers B-day so I doubt I can make it.

Roy
12-23-2010, 10:50 AM
I have a session that morning, so I will be there at the 8 PM chat.

TobiasMan
12-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Have a Board meeting for a Not-for-Profit that day and won't have made it home by that time. Sorry :(

jthomas353
12-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Definitely can't make the morning session. The early evening session is looking good right now. Hope to see lots of folks there.

thunderman
12-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Looking forward to it.
TM

Elmeaux
12-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Tomorrow's the day of the scheduled End Of Year chats.

Since the room's always been a little twitchy, and some people have reported problems getting in, I advise checking it out in advance to make sure it works for you.

See you tomorrow!! 10AM Central and 8PM Central. Get your bass-playing New Year's Resolutions ready!! :cool:

Patrick
12-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Maybe it's a good idea to make somekind of transcription of the chat session, so the people who can't be there can read some of the stuff that was discussed during the chats ?

I know the company that ran the other forums where I helped as a Moderator had various scheduled chats between customers and the company and afterward they had a transcription of it for the people who were unable to attend.

I think this will be useful especially for the chat when Roy tries to attend so questions that he answers during the chat might help others.

Just a thought.

line6bassman
12-29-2010, 04:37 PM
I agree, since I can't get into chat because you can guess why, bummer!! Hey I've been here since before this was here?????

line6bassman

Elmeaux
12-29-2010, 05:07 PM
The Chateau has a feature called the Screen Dump, which allows you to offload all text to a COPY and PASTE window, where you can then save it as a separate file.

I've just been testing it. So far, so good. I've been able to grab the chat text successfully.

I'll give it a try tomorrow. That way, if you miss the chat, you can still get in on any advice from Roy.

Elmeaux
12-31-2010, 12:33 AM
The chats were great. We talked New Year's goals, and tossed around some ideas with Roy about things we'd like to see. I asked about Slej's idea that he could teach us particular songs, uisng the "in the style of" method. He's up for it and is now takiing requests on his blog.

http://www.thunderrow.com/entry.php?53-We-take-requests.....

Get your suggestions in now!

The only bad news is that my attempt to record the chat didn't come out properly. At the end of the chat, I went to grab the screen dump as I'd been practicing, and my computer disconnected me from the room.

The way the screen dump works is that you click to activate it, and it captures the most recent text...then you click to go further back in the chat and it adds older text. Before I could grab it all, I lost the connection.

When I finally got back, it was gone.

Attached is the portion of the chat that I managed to grab...concerning the topic at hand. Fortunately, we discussed this toward the very end, so it was the part that saved. I trimmed off the part after Roy left, since it was just social stuff about weather and New Year's etc before we started to close down and I got bumped...

I think in the future, I'll grab the text at regular intervals and save it in pieces so nothing gets lost.

SilverFlame46
12-31-2010, 06:51 AM
Thanks, Elmeaux, for grabbing what you could. I wasn't able to make the chat and this let me know a little what Roy had to say!!!

debitcred1
12-31-2010, 09:13 AM
I just wanted to say a quick thank you to Elmeaux and Roy for last evenings chat. You both, along with JT, gave me the kick and incentive to keep going [read get off my butt and get started in ernest].

THANKS!

:cool:

slejhamer
12-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Sorry I missed it, working today (no, really!), but THANKS for bringing up the song lesson idea! That's great that Roy's open to it.
:cool:

c-note
12-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Sorry I missed it too mtg. that morning & work in the p.m. I'm sure the ideas are great & informative looking forward to begin work on them

line6bassman
12-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Now I know?? Maybe?? I'm getting older, for some reason I thought it was the 31st, I keep wondering why we would do it on new years eve and I thought the times were 8 in the morning and 10 at night. Boy did I mess up!! I would have been late no matter what. When I noticed the times I jumped right on, well forgive me for being late, but things have been hectic these last couple of weeks around here on the mind if you get my drift?? I promise I'll do better next time!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY TR FRIENDS!!!!!!!!

LINE6BASSMAN

Elmeaux
12-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Not to worry. If the chats become more popular, we can hold them on a more regular basis....you know, like once a month or something to discuss our progress, etc. You'll catch a wave soon enough.

Happy New Year right back atcha.

TobiasMan
12-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Sorry I missed the chat. Had just driven back from a meeting and straight to a practise so couldn't be there either time. :(

Thanks for posting what you could Elmeaux.:D