PDA

View Full Version : Time for Some Country, Y'all

Elmeaux
12-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Yee Haw!

I recorded this practice session when I got my new yeller strings. The video quality is craptacular, the sound equally so, and I plan to replace this video with a better version later on, but I thought y'all might like to see the yeller strings.

No blacklights, just regular early morning dim room light on this. You can see the colour, but there is no justice to their true neon shine in this dull light.

I'm working on some blacklight stuff, which I hope to have done this (or the following) weekend.

But enjoy the song, and forgive my "first practice of the day" bad timing. Ugh.

PS...why, yes, my nickname is "Manhands." Thanks for asking. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI8WczoYnDI

SilverFlame46
12-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Great job, Elmeaux. I like them there yeller string. They sound real good. Thanks for sharing!!!

line6bassman
12-28-2010, 08:29 PM
kool cool!! now i'm a country fan!! Great Job my BRAVE Friend.

line6bassman

jthomas353
12-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Elmeaux,

Thanks for sharing. Great job. I can see the cool yellow strings but I'm sure they look spectacular under blacklight.

I hope to have a video posted real soon to share with the TR folks. Just been so busy over the last couple weeks I haven't had as much time to practice as I normally do.

John

Roy
02-21-2011, 10:26 PM
The time feel is really nice-and I like Hank Jr. (and Sr.) just fine. Good call! (and good job!):)

Bassic Bill
02-21-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm not seeing a link...what's up with that?

Elmeaux
02-22-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm not seeing a link...what's up with that?

Try this...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoWorx#p/u/1/RI8WczoYnDI

Elmeaux
02-22-2011, 02:56 AM
The time feel is really nice-and I like Hank Jr. (and Sr.) just fine. Good call! (and good job!):)

Thanks.

BTW...that ain't Hank...Junior OR Senior.

That's a pro cover band called "Done Again." They are reeeeally good at sounding like the people they cover...

Bassic Bill
02-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Very cool! And yep, it's all about the hat :)

Arnisdaddy
02-22-2011, 08:17 PM
That is a great video! Love the strings and LOVE the hat. You are SOOOOO COOOL:cool:

Ditto
02-22-2011, 10:17 PM
What was that? Someone on another thread coined the term Bass brave of something or other.

Nice work and I saw those strings in the music store the other day. Sound good for a gimmik string.

Ditto

barricwiley
02-23-2011, 04:54 AM
Yuppers, The hat + 1
Great video and playing , thanks for sharing.

Elmeaux
02-23-2011, 11:20 AM
I saw those strings in the music store the other day. Sound good for a gimmik string.

Ditto

Ahhhh...no gimmick string here....they were just awarded BEST in NAMM 2011 in their category. They are much more than a pretty face.

When I first got mine, they made a funny squeaking sound when I played them (not a twang or buzz off the frets, but a "eee-eee" sound), but the squeak has now stopped (broken in) and they are the best roundwound strings I've ever owned.

Elmeaux
02-23-2011, 11:59 AM
That is a great video! Love the strings and LOVE the hat. You are SOOOOO COOOL:cool:

Oh, thank you. The cheque is in the mail. :p

Check out the neon strings in their full glory on my YouTube page.

I'm working on some new stuff to post.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoWorx

Ditto
02-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Looks like you got a little of the MAGIC DUST on the fingers. Is the NEON wearing off the strings?

Elmeaux
02-23-2011, 01:53 PM
LOL...I wrote TMBG on my fingers and drew on my eyelids...

On my fingers, each letter of the T M B G has a little arrow on top of it pointing to my fingertips.

Why? Because I'm odd that way...

It's just neon highlighter, which also glows under blacklight.

When I used to go roller skating, they always had blacklights over the floor, so you learned pretty quickly how to accessorize yourself for the conditions. Heh, heh...

It's wild because if you take a neon yellow highlighter and write letters on your fingers, you almost won't even see it under regular light. But click off the lights and fire up the blacklight, and BOOM...you'll light up like a neon Christmas Tree!!!

Other colours work too, but I wanted to match the strings, so...