PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Barker ... Come On Down!

TLDTR
12-29-2010, 05:31 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thunderrow.com/content.php?504-Mr.-Barker-...-Come-On-Down!

jthomas353
12-29-2010, 10:53 PM
This is great. I love to see this type of craftsmanship and the care and passion Mr. Barker puts into making his instruments. A fretted upright bass. Very cool.

The next video when this one ends shows a guy slapping and popping on a Barker bass. Great sound.

Barker Bass Maker
12-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words (I took the "come on down" invitation seriously).

This is quite a spiffy site!

In a strange coincidence, notice the Herb Alpert video shown in the sequence at the bottom of the screen after this one plays. On that clip the bassist is our good friend Hussain Jiffry who wrote the soundtrack tune and performs it on a Barker B1five on the Barker clip.

On the Alpert clip he is playing a Bossa bass which he endorses and reps for in the US. Hussain played a Barker on a Yanni tour several years ago.

Elmeaux
12-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the kind words (I took the "come on down" invitation seriously).

This is quite a spiffy site!

In a strange coincidence, notice the Herb Alpert video shown in the sequence at the bottom of the screen after this one plays. On that clip the bassist is our good friend Hussain Jiffry who wrote the soundtrack tune and performs it on a Barker B1five on the Barker clip.

On the Alpert clip he is playing a Bossa bass which he endorses and reps for in the US. Hussain played a Barker on a Yanni tour several years ago.

Glad to have you with us!! The craftsmanship on your basses is amazing!!!

Greg Jewell
12-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Mr. Barker:

Thanks for the powerful video and an opportunity to witness your beautiful instrument. Welcome to the site...

Barker Bass Maker
01-02-2011, 07:58 AM
If you're curious for more, here's a link to a segment from Oregon Art Beat on our public TV network. The weekly show focuses on two or three artists. It was a ginormous honor to be selected to be on this show. Filmed in May of '08 and first aired in January '09.

http://www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/segments/view/768

SilverFlame46
01-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Great video, Mr. Barker. Thanks for sharing!!!