PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Shore Guy Here (no, not THAT Jersey Shore!)

Pointbass
01-01-2011, 08:58 PM
No Snookie's or Situation's here .... just as a point of information, the TV show is nothing like the real thing ...

I kind of stumbled on this site while crusing for Barker Bass info, and it seems to be a very cool place. I like the general feel of the place!

I'm knocking on the 60 year old door and have been playing bass since I was 12. Full time until the mid-'90's and now an active (too active at times) part-timer. Aside from some DB stuff, most of my playing involves 6, 7 & 8 string basses. I began messing with extended range basses about 14 years ago, and they just stuck with me. I won't bore you with the details, but if you want more info you can check out my website (no, I don't sell anything so no sales pitches to be found :D).

Glad to have found this site!!

Elmeaux
01-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Welcome aboard Pointbass. Glad you found us!!

SilverFlame46
01-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Welcome to Thunder Row, Pointbass. Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to you sharing your experiences with your bass playing!!!

Greg Jewell
01-02-2011, 03:29 PM
TR Staff:
Mr. Ed Goode is an extremely modest gentleman, and it's to our benefit that he dropped by TMBG to say hello...

Check out his music at:

http://www.imjustabassplayer.com/MP3_s.html

Greg

SilverFlame46
01-02-2011, 07:26 PM
TR Staff:
Mr. Ed Goode is an extremely modest gentleman, and it's to our benefit that he dropped by TMBG to say hello...

I agree. His music is wonderful and his basses are just, well, just gorgeous!!!

c-note
01-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Welcome to the row pointbass enjoy I do

Pointbass
01-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the kind reception, everyone! I've been blessed to have worked with some excellent musicians over the years and always appreciated their insights & guidance ... whatever musical abilities I may have were certainly furthered through my association with these great players :)

I look forward to exchanging & sharing thoughts and ideas here with all of you :cool:

TLDTR
01-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Glad to have another experienced bassist among us, and look forward to your contributions to the conversation!
Ed.