PDA

View Full Version : Stantonl here

stantonl
05-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Hey all, thought it was time to finally introduce myself here formally. I've been working on the course for a bit now and as some of you know, blogging about it on my site, bassramblings.com. I am currently working on Lesson 7 and am very impressed with the course thus far and amazed at how much I have learned. I can honestly say that my playing has improved more in the last 6 months than it has in the past 10 years.

My biggest obstacles are currently time and motivation. Writing my blog as well as reading various forum posts really helps to keep me motivated, I don't think I could have stuck with it if I would of just locked myself away and tried to work through the course, but that's just me, I need interaction to keep me going. Finding as much time as I'd like to devote to all of this is another story. I have two small children and full time job that take up most of my time, but I am learning to manage my time more efficiently as that playing bass is very important to me.

I'd like to thank Roy, Lane and everyone at the Learning Dock for going the extra mile and making themselves available to those of us working through the course. It is nice to know that we have you as a resource when we get stuck or confused.

Cheers,

JeffB
05-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Welcome, It was your blog that got me hooked up with the course, so a big thanks goes back to you as well! Good to see you here, im hoping the forum takes off, I too like the interaction.