PDA

View Full Version : First Time On Bass

maksym
01-29-2011, 03:28 AM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Maksym. I enjoyed dabbling with a guitar about ten years ago but it just did not seem to be the instrument to suit me. Until recently I attended a Christmas party and they asked me if I could play any instrument. I said "no". Then they said just pick up the bass and start playing and essentially they showed me how to "pedal" the root. I really enjoyed jamming the night away until I couldn't feel my fingers anymore! I then went online to check this instrument out. I didn't realise that it was such a versatile instrument. I fell in love with it and I can't put it down since. What an under-rated instrument. I went out and bought a bass and amp and the TMBG disk set and have been learning ever since.

Why do I feel bass is for me? Well, I think it is the rythym that works it's way into the bass, yet the instrument can be melodic as well. I never realised the many different styles of music the bass can really engage in well. It's an amazing instrument.

I hope to learn from this community as well

Maksym

maksym
01-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Just a bit about myself. I am 46 and I'm currently a full time student with a major in psychology. I live in Northern Idaho currently.

SilverFlame46
01-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Hey maksym, welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG. Glad you are part of our family. Looking forward to hearing about your progress with your TMBG Lessons. We love photos at Thunder Row so when you get a chance maybe you could post a pic or two of your new bass and amp.

Elmeaux
01-29-2011, 07:35 AM
What a great story!!

Welcome to Thunder Row. Good luck with your studies. Feel free to join in on all the conversations!!

jthomas353
01-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Hello maksym,

Welcome to the Row. You sound very excited as well you should be. The bass is an awesome instrument that you can get lost in for hours. We look forward to hearing about your progress.

John

Arnisdaddy
01-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Looking forward to hearing more about your experience with TMBG and the bass. Let us know if you ever join a band. Would love to hear some recordings!

maksym
02-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Thank you for the nice welcome.

I will be posting my experience with the course TMBG with Roy Vogt soon. I got the package a few weeks ago. I'm currently on lesson three and should be finishing up the last parts of it soon.

I want to get into the TMBG members area. How do I do that?

Elmeaux
02-01-2011, 04:48 AM
I want to get into the TMBG members area. How do I do that?

Are you having troube accessing something? Are you getting any error messages?

Otherwise, everything here should be open to you. Can you see the ASK ROY section? Can you use all the tabs and forum categories? Are you able to access the chat room?

:D