PDA

View Full Version : Late Boomer Passion

cmcasucci
01-31-2011, 10:05 AM
Hello everyone,

I am Sooch. Finally after a long awaited teenage dream, I finally, at 45, picked up the Bass and started playing. My Son had purchased an Ibanez starter kit but never used, so I now had an excuse!. I play every other week in our Church Praise Band. I met with the lead guitarist on a Tues Nov 2009, and that following Sunday, I played a song live on stage! Granted the song had only four chords, but it was great to perform in front of a live audience! Anyway, it is great to be part of TMBG!

Keep it down,

Sooch

Elmeaux
01-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey, Sooch!! Welcome. You sound excited about your studies and that is FABBY.

Good luck and enjoy the forum. Lotsa good peeps here.

jthomas353
01-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Hello Sooch,

Welcome to the TR forum. Great to have another fellow bassist amongst us. Any questions just ask and please share your experiences and knowledge with us too. Lots of great folks here.

John

line6bassman
01-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Hello everyone,

I am Sooch. Finally after a long awaited teenage dream, I finally, at 45, picked up the Bass and started playing. My Son had purchased an Ibanez starter kit but never used, so I now had an excuse!. I play every other week in our Church Praise Band. I met with the lead guitarist on a Tues Nov 2009, and that following Sunday, I played a song live on stage! Granted the song had only four chords, but it was great to perform in front of a live audience! Anyway, it is great to be part of TMBG!

Keep it down,

Sooch

Welcome aboard! I also play bass in my church band every Sunday ( almost ) for the last 10 years and since the early 80's. Somewhere on here I have a video of me playing bass in the 80's where I had some hair still on my head!! HE!!HEE!! Welcome to TR!!

line6bassman

SilverFlame46
01-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Sooch. Glad to have you as part of our family!!!

TobiasMan
01-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Welcome!

There are quite a few of us here who play in a church worship band (some of us for a long, long time ;)).

Pay is low but the gigs are regular. :D