PDA

View Full Version : Hello

blair book
02-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi TMBG forum,

I am 38yrs old. Have been playing bass for about four years. I bought TMBG and just started last night. Really excited about this, because I am self taught. Tried to learn scales, chords and all that stuff. I have a minimal grasp on it, and cant wait to get more in depth.

I play in a band here in Southern Maryland, we have only played a handful of open mics. We do have a 12 song setlist currently, and looks like we are picking up about two songs a week or so.

This forum seems really good, I can't wait to read some more posts.

My equipment is an Epihphone Thunderbird IV, Multi-Effect Bass pedal, and Behringer Ultrabass BX 1 800

Bassic Bill
02-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi there Blair Book! I am new here myself and share your excitement. The boards are a bit slow but great stuff here!

jthomas353
02-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Hello blair book,

Welcome to the Row and TMBG. Best of luck to you. Post some pics of your gear when you get a chance. Would love to see your Thunderbird.

John

Elmeaux
02-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Welcome, BB...good luck with your lessons. Have fun on the forum.

TobiasMan
02-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Welcome Blair,

The TMBG lessons will certainly improve your skills and knowledge over what you could pick up on your own. I've been playing for a long time and I'm constantly picking up things that correct bad habits or are "Eureka" moments - like, OK, that's how it's done!!!!

Enjoy!

SilverFlame46
02-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Blair Book. Glad to have you as part of our growing family. Good luck with your lessons and above all, HAVE FUN!!!

Russell K Shores
02-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi TMBG forum,

I am 38yrs old. Have been playing bass for about four years. I bought TMBG and just started last night. Really excited about this, because I am self taught. Tried to learn scales, chords and all that stuff. I have a minimal grasp on it, and cant wait to get more in depth.

I play in a band here in Southern Maryland, we have only played a handful of open mics. We do have a 12 song setlist currently, and looks like we are picking up about two songs a week or so.

This forum seems really good, I can't wait to read some more posts.

My equipment is an Epihphone Thunderbird IV, Multi-Effect Bass pedal, and Behringer Ultrabass BX 1 800

you are really going to enjoy this program Roy is a great teacher , take you time and just like he said you can be as good as you want . see you on the road .

fumblefour
02-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi Blair..good luck with the lessons: although I played for many years a long time ago, I learned something new within the first few minutes of lesson 1 and that's been the case ever since (and I'm only on lesson 3).