PDA

View Full Version : American Idol..

line6bassman
02-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Hey yall!! Anybody watching American Idol?? We have a Upright Bass Playing Singer in the competition and Randy Jackson seems to really like him! He's quite good. Could we have a singing Bass player win it? Seems to me though the singing competition is the best ever on the show it could be tough. We shall see?? Check it out!!!

line6bassman

line6bassman
02-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Singing Upright Bass Player Moves on to next week!! He needs to go over some music of the Beatles for next week!! Go figure Paul!!

line6bassman

Elmeaux
02-17-2011, 08:14 PM
I saw that, too! The bass player makes a serious showing!!!

WOOHOOO!!!

Ditto
02-17-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't watch much TV anyway but I really can not get into that show. Even with one of my heros on it. I am a HUGH Aerosmith FAN but still can't watch it!

SilverFlame46
02-18-2011, 06:50 AM
Hey yall!! Anybody watching American Idol?? We have a Upright Bass Playing Singer in the competition and Randy Jackson seems to really like him! He's quite good. Could we have a singing Bass player win it? Seems to me though the singing competition is the best ever on the show it could be tough. We shall see?? Check it out!!!

line6bassman

I've watched Idol from the beginning this season and you are correct, this season is the best singing competition ever. The Bass player you are referring to has a great singing voice and he can play the upright. I hope HE-GOES-ALL-THE-WAY!!!

Bassic Bill
02-18-2011, 07:50 AM
I am not much of a TV watcher either. Iwill sit with my wife and watch a few programs with my her, more to spend time with her than for the entertainment value. Idol is one of her favourites though, and I must say that I am enjoying this season so far. The whole atmosphere has improved and the talent this year is amazing. I very much enjoyed the fellow with the standup bass - great stuff! I hope he can hang in there for the long haul!

TobiasMan
02-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Watched American Idol a whole season a couple of years ago. Don't watch it any more, regardless of the fact that Randy is one of the judges. ;)

slejhamer
02-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Pants on the ground
Pants on the ground
Lookin' like a fool
With your pants on the ground!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwhl4IrPNc

:p

TLDTR
02-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Absolutely stunning performance. Probably the best I've ever seen on AI.
If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor. Copy and paste this into your browser. (i'm not going to embed it for copyright reasons)

http://www.wetpaint.com/american-idol/video/american-idol-hollywood-week-round-3-casey-abrams-plays-bass-to-georgia-on-my-mind

Watch and enjoy!
Ed.

line6bassman
02-19-2011, 06:47 PM
COOL COOL COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
KOOL

line6bassman

line6bassman
02-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Bass Player moves on!!! And is called most talented musician ever on Idol!!
COME ON GUY!!!!

line6bassman

Elmeaux
02-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Strength in numbers!!

Send good vibes. Think good thoughts. Rub your lucky lapine feet. Thump your bass.

And if you live in the USA, VOTE!!!

We outlanders are verboten from votin'.

jthomas353
02-24-2011, 09:52 PM
This guy is absolutely fantastic. Saw his earlier audiitions and thought he was great. He's got my vote.

SilverFlame46
02-25-2011, 06:51 AM
He is on his way. Lets support him ALL-THE-WAY!!!

Elmeaux
02-25-2011, 09:45 AM
He is on his way. Lets support him ALL-THE-WAY!!!

Ruh-roh!!!! Maybe not.

Keep the good vibes going!!!!

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/23/casey-abrams-american-idol-hospitalized-top-24-stomach-pains-cedars-sinai-overnight/

SilverFlame46
02-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Ruh-roh!!!! Maybe not.

Keep the good vibes going!!!!

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/23/casey-abrams-american-idol-hospitalized-top-24-stomach-pains-cedars-sinai-overnight/

Lets hope his illness is not serious and he will be able to preform as scheduled!!!

line6bassman
02-25-2011, 06:38 PM
http://www.tmz.com/category/american-idol-2011/
After blood transfusion Bass Player back on show!!!
I hope he still got some bass blood left in him and didn't get a dose of guitar and drummer blood, then again he could be a one man band!!!

line6bassman

Elmeaux
02-25-2011, 07:40 PM
I hope he still got some bass blood left in him and didn't get a dose of guitar and drummer blood

Accordian blood. He'll win American Polka Idol...:p

...and on the squeeze box....a-one anna two anna....

SilverFlame46
02-25-2011, 08:28 PM
http://www.tmz.com/category/american-idol-2011/
After blood transfusion Bass Player back on show!!!
I hope he still got some bass blood left in him and didn't get a dose of guitar and drummer blood, then again he could be a one man band!!!

line6bassman

Great news. Lets hope he stay healthy!!!

SilverFlame46
03-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Bass Player Casey Abrams made the TOP 10 on American Idol last night. Don't forget to keep the support going for him next Wednesday Night. Go Casey!!!

Elmeaux
03-04-2011, 08:35 AM
I worry for him because of what he said last night.

It was something like "People think I look like a slacker. Like all I'm capable of doing is serving hamburgers."

It kinda suggested to me that he thinks people who serve hamburgers are lesser people than he is.

Casey, be grateful you are blessed with your exceptional talents - don't ever spoil that by looking down your nose at others.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

slejhamer
03-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Might be bragging, but I make some mighty good burgers.

Elmeaux
03-04-2011, 09:18 AM
I like mine with lettuce and tomatoes....Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes...big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer...

- Jimmy Buffett

Ditto
03-04-2011, 01:23 PM
But I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last week!

I too can make a GREAT Hamburger!

When we go out to eat, we don't go for burgers. My kids say lets have hamburgers at home the way dad cooks em. I have found if your kids like something that is good for them, give it to them as often as they will eat it!

I was making burgers lat week though and I ran out of propane for the grill and had to finish them in the pan. Not as good, get some propane FAST! ;)

I did watch that guy and must say.... he can sing!

line6bassman
04-22-2011, 06:51 PM
ME!!! Just kidding, Just pulling your strings!!
But if you would like to see his (Casey's) acts on American Idol and some interviews you can go here. He's still in the game!! Wouldn't that be something if he pulled this off!!?
http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_10/casey_abrams/casey_abrams_nature_boy/

Line6bassman

SilverFlame46
04-23-2011, 05:43 AM
Wouldn't that be something if he pulled this off!!?

Yes it would be GREAT. However, I think when the public votes it is more of a popularity contest than a talent competition. That is why I think James will win as the young voters will carry him especially when a person can vote more than one time. I may be wrong but we'll see in about five weeks!!!

Elmeaux
04-23-2011, 08:56 AM
At this point, it really doesn't matter (to me) who wins. Casey's pretty much guaranteed a record deal, and that's all that needs to happen.

A lot of people think it's better to get into the top 5 but NOT be the winner. That way, you can make records YOUR way, and not be lead around on a string by the AI management. Don't forget, the winner is going to be under contract with them for quite some time.

James is OK, but I wouldn't buy anything he recorded.

I'd buy EVERYTHING Casey recorded.

jthomas353
04-23-2011, 09:20 AM
At this point, it really doesn't matter (to me) who wins. Casey's pretty much guaranteed a record deal, and that's all that needs to happen.

A lot of people think it's better to get into the top 5 but NOT be the winner. That way, you can make records YOUR way, and not be lead around on a string by the AI management. Don't forget, the winner is going to be under contract with them for quite some time.

James is OK, but I wouldn't buy anything he recorded.

I'd buy EVERYTHING Casey recorded.

I'm right there with you Elmeaux. I like everything Casey does. James is too over the top for me and Jacob is too one demensional, although what he does is fantastic. I would buy a Jacob album as well as Casey's.
They are both well on their way regardless of what happens on the show.

Elmeaux
04-23-2011, 09:49 AM
James is too over the top for me

Besides, we already have a Rob Halford, a Steven Tyler, etc. James is pretty much same-old, same-old, with no personality to add.

If James is in the final Top-Two contention, I'll wager he's gonna sing Dream On by Aerosmith...just to show off that he can sound like Steven Tyler.

Casey is MAKING his path through the woods. James is only following a path that already exists.

line6bassman
04-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Yep, James is pretty HOT. What would be very interesting is, if it ended like the 2 Davids did that time, Casey & James this time, My heart would be in my throat.
But that to me would be the ultimate finish for me. If Casey would win, it would be like my favorite football team winning the Superbowl for me!! If he would lose that way, it would be like my team losing the Superbowl.

line6bassman

TobiasMan
04-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Don't normally follow AI, but was interested to see that Casey made it through.

Was Jason the weepy one?? Just Weird, that!

SilverFlame46
04-23-2011, 10:48 AM

I totally agree with this thinking. A good example is last years winner. I can't even remember his name now (Dywize I think) but you don't hear anything about him. But look at second place finisher Crystal Bowersox. She has a full album out which is doing very well and she is on a mini tour now. In fact I just was at her show two nights ago in a city near my hometown and it was sold out. She has also appeared on the Grand Ole Opra already. Her career has skyrocketed.

Elmeaux
04-23-2011, 01:57 PM
When I first saw Crystal, I couldn't remember her last name...all I said was it's B-something. As a result, I nicknamed her Box-Car Willie, and I still call her that to this day.

And I like her very much.

:p