PDA

View Full Version : Greetings All

Deluge
02-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Hello all. My name is Bill and I am yet another one of the "older" crowd looking to learn something new. Although I originally purchased TMBG last summer, due to some health issues, now all resolved, I have put off my learning until just this week.

I have been a long time rock/heavy metal/blues fan who has played off and on with various guitars over the years...notice that's "played with", not played :D! I still have aspirations of accomplishing something with a guitar, but somehow I seem drawn to the bass for now. And finding TMBG made it even more enticing. So really just starting and once I get the fretboard down, I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing some questions. I did play clarinet for about 4 years in school, 6-9th grade, but that was long ago...

Retired Air Force (28 years), currently crunching numbers for my full time gig. The bass is my relaxation, as well as something to keep me challenged. I look forward to getting to know the folks here and picking the knowledge base to help me along my bass journey.

Elmeaux
02-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Welcome, Bill. Boy, we sure have a lot of Bills with us!! The more the merrier!!

Enjoy the lessons and jump on in to the conversations!!

Bassic Bill
02-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Can't have too many Bill's, jackets or Basses! Welcome Bill!

jthomas353
02-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Hello Bill. Welcome aboard. Lots of great folks here to answer any questions you may have. All the best to you.

SilverFlame46
02-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Bill. Glad you are part of our family. Good luck with your lessons and from one Vet to another, Thank You for your service to our country!!!

Bassix
03-01-2011, 08:06 AM
From one Air Force veteran to another, I can say that you'll learn a lot in the TMBG course and enjoy the challenge it presents. I've had TMBG for three months and feel that I've made steady progress in my bass playing. Good luck!

TLDTR
03-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Hey, Bill - Welcome to Thunder Row. I'm pretty sure you'll find all the help and support you need with these good folks. Thanks for your service to the country, and have GREAT FUN with TMBG!
Ed. (Editor)

Deluge
03-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome! I do think the course will be very interesting...once I learn the fretboard and move on lol. I am determined to do it right since I have no time limits...

BTW, any leads on 5 string exercise books? Tab for now...

Elmeaux
03-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Lots.

Start here.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=5-string+bass

Then just explore the web for 5-string bass tabs or books. :cool:

Deluge
03-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Hah...two more posts after this and I can see the links or images you posted :cool:

Elmeaux
03-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Ruh roh...fortgot about that.

Just go to Amazon dot com and type in "5-string bass" in the BOOKS section.

TK4261
03-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Welcome Bill :)