PDA

View Full Version : Finally Starting A Thread, No Really!

wmckinney311
03-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Sorry so late to the party...my name is Bill and I am relatively new to TMBG. Life or lack thereof has made it difficult to carve out time for the TR site; however, I have been able to start up a blog and consistently carve out practice time. That said, I started Lesson 3 on Tuesday night and while the improv provided some challenges, I replayed the lesson last night and became much more comfortable playing with the band at all tempos. Plan to sit down tonight and improv - see where that will get me :) check back soon.
Bill

Elmeaux
03-17-2011, 04:28 PM
We celebrated your birthday without you.

I hope we get a video soon of your playing...:D

wmckinney311
03-17-2011, 06:27 PM
We celebrated your birthday without you.

I hope we get a video soon of your playing...:D

Hope you had as much fun celebrating as I did, lol! I drove up north to Central Coast wine country and contemplated getting a year older over a great bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon - that's how it's done, so I'm told :)

derecola
03-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Sounds like you are doing a great job...

Bassix
03-18-2011, 09:07 AM
As they say: Better late than never! :)

Hope you enjoy TMBG as much as I do. I'm currently on lesson 7 and I'm not ashamed to say that it's kicking my butt! I won't budge until I get it though.

wmckinney311
03-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Sounds like you are doing a great job...

Thanks, the encouragement is appreciated!

wmckinney311
03-18-2011, 12:20 PM
As they say: Better late than never! :)

Hope you enjoy TMBG as much as I do. I'm currently on lesson 7 and I'm not ashamed to say that it's kicking my butt! I won't budge until I get it though.

I do and I hear you...plan to spead some quality time on 3 focusing on rests, ties and dotted rhythms adding that to my regular practice routine.