PDA

View Full Version : My Official Introduction

SilverFlame46
05-20-2010, 08:59 AM
OK folks, here goes. I’ve been around (Thunder Row and TMBG) going on two months now and never really introduced myself. You see, I’m an old-timer and never played a musical instrument until about eight months ago which is when I bought my Bass Guitar. But seeing that there are other old-timers (excuse me, lets make that “Mature Adults”) on the boards and participating in the TMBG course I feel a little more comfortable with the interaction knowing that there are not just “young ones” out there. First, and what I’m most proud of, is that I’m a US Army Veteran, serving this great country in ’65, ’66 and ’67. After my military service I entered Law Enforcement in ’68 and served until ’97 when I retired. Since I retired I’ve done lots of traveling, volunteered for several different Fraternal Organizations, played a lot of golf and listened to lots of music (my iPod has over 3000 songs on it and is still growing). I’ve always been attracted to the bass sound in music as it always (shall I say) “moves me” during a song. Several of my friends play musical instruments and I though that it was time for me to learn to play also. Being attracted to the bass sound, I choose the Bass Guitar. At my age, I consider playing the Bass Guitar a hobby and EVERTHING is new to me. I’m on lesson 3 now and spend about three weeks on a lesson. Well there you have it. That’s me and my experience with the Bass Guitar. And they say you can’t teach old dogs new tricks!!!!!! I hope to prove them wrong!

line6bassman
05-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Welcome a board! From The Other Oldtimer!! Me! I don't mind being called that, I kinda like that. I will intro my self soon.
Welcome on once again, glad your here!!!!!!

GO LOW!!!!!!STAY HIGH!!!!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!!!!!!

line6bassman

JeffB
05-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Does 40 get me access to the old timers club?

thunderman
05-20-2010, 05:21 PM
The beautiful thing about a bass guitar (or any instrument) is, it doesn't care about the age of the person playing it. Horowitz and Segovia played into their 90s! (The Rolling Stones must be almost there by now). Paul McCartney's 68...and packing stadiums worldwide. You guys are spring chickens! Welcome to the Row!:cool:

Elmeaux
05-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Wow. And I'm 50. I'm feeling more at home here every day.