PDA

View Full Version : The Music Lesson

FeltFedora
03-26-2011, 07:57 PM
The Music Lesson by Victor Wooten.

I was going to buy the book. Ended up with the iTunes version. HIGHLY recommended. Its such an original and entertaining work. Hard to explain you just have to give it a listen... full of many insightful jewels of wisdom. I am usually a big fan of books over audio books. But with this the audio adds A LOT to the whole thing.

Its worth every penny and them some. The only reason I may actually buy the book is to see if I could get him to sign it if our paths ever cross. From everything I have read, watched and seen Victor is an amazing man. This book does nothing but reinforce that - its really a gift to anyone in many of our shoes seeking musical knowledge and enlightenment.

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Lesson-Spiritual-Search-Through/dp/0425220931

line6bassman
03-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Seems cool, but I would go with audio because I just can't seem to get into the reading thing. But I could listen for sure, like put it on the Ipod!!!

line6bassman

Elmeaux
03-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I like to buy both if available - books AND audio. :cool:

Ctbass&birdsong
03-27-2011, 02:29 PM
read it a few years back...great book !!!!1

stantonl
03-27-2011, 08:11 PM
I have both! Read the book first then was given the audio version by Victor himself. It's a great read & a great listen, I highly recommend getting it in whatever format makes you happy.

aksteve
01-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Bringing this thread back to life! im listening to the audio book again and i am only on the first CD and have already taken much more away from it than i did the first time! Great Book/listen!