PDA

View Full Version : The Call To The Bass Braves!

line6bassman
05-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Ok, my fellow bass players, it seems I was the first Brave I believe to put up a picture of my old oldtimer self on here playing bass in a some what of a at a gig playing picture, Who's Next!! There I go with THE WHO stuff again! but I would like to
take it a step farther, does anyone have any video's of them self's playing at a gig or in a concert type video, but not a see me do these licks video. And not a whole concert but a 2 or 3 Min are so clip for us to enjoy playing at a gig. This was just a thought I wanted to throw out at you bass players. Unfortunately, believe it are not {believe it} the only video I have of my self playing of this type is from 1980's playing in church after about 6 months of starting to learn bass, I would be willing to put up if you promise not to laugh, HEY, I HEARD THAT!! Well, what Ya'll say to that, as they say down here in New Orleans. If we do, maybe we can move this to another section of the forum. Thanks

line6bassman

Elmeaux
05-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Loved the pix!

I've never played in a public place. Just with family/friends. I don't really have a desire to take the stage. I'm quite happy just to play the stuff I've written, or with my fave songs on mp3...in a quiet basement rec-room setting and such. I mean, I would LOVE to see what some really skilled musicians could do with the songs I've written, though - how they would interpret the stories and make them their own. Now THAT would be cool. But I'm not really brave enough for the stage.

I'm loving the DVDs, though. Learning a lot. Getting better. Maybe I'll post a pic of me just posing with my babies...lookin' proud and all. :o

TLDTR
05-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Somebody's got to be first! Go for it!
:cool:

line6bassman
05-30-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm trying to work on the video, I'm also seeming to have trouble with uploading the test video as attachments, or a simpler question would be, is what is the easy es way to upload a video? I'll be working on it in the mean time. I have to take parts of it from a dvd I made from an old VHS tape I had it on. Then change it to file type that can be uploaded.

One thing I found on this old video that might be of interest to some, and I will do a stop of the video shot of this.
Has anyone of you heard of the group, MUTEMATH!! ( look up mutemate, on You Tube, lots of video's there ) Paul who is the leader of the group is a good friend of mine who learned alot about music when Him and his family were involved with me on the church worship team, MUTHMATH has also been seen on David Letterman quite a few times and Paul also played bass for a little while with that Red Haired movie star, Country Singer lady I can't think of her name right now. He is about 10 or 11 on this video. The lady your thinking about is probably the one, the tv star also. Well that's it, no promise's here, but I'm try to work on it.

GO LOW!!!!!!!!STAY HIGH!!!!!!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!!!!

line6bassman

I have the video's done, now i have to see how to get them on. This is very brave of me!!

TobiasMan
05-30-2010, 10:52 PM
You referring to Reba McEntire or Bonnie Rait? Probably Reba if it was country.

line6bassman
05-30-2010, 11:51 PM
You referring to Reba McEntire or Bonnie Rait? Probably Reba if it was country.

Yes it was Reba, that ha

TLDTR
05-31-2010, 12:16 AM
We're working on the video (and audio) upload function.
Thanks for your patience!
Editor

line6bassman
05-31-2010, 10:59 AM
We're working on the video (and audio) upload function.
Thanks for your patience!
Editor

I was wondering why I was having trouble with it, I'm usually fairly good at this, Thanks.

line6bassman
06-24-2010, 09:05 PM
:o Just Letting ever one know, these video's should be coming soon. You'll laugh or cry I don't know which? I'm trying to get them uploaded to Vimeo. Will give details when ready if everything works ok.

GO LOW!!!!!!STAY HIGH!!!!!!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!!!!!!

line6bassman

line6bassman
06-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Ok , so here it is, and I don’t know why I seem to need to say this, but for some reason in these times
on this planet some people seem to get offended by these types of video’s etc. So I’m throwing out here a Disclaimer sort of speaking, in which this bass player is speaking from his true heart to his fellow or lady bass players here on Thunder Row. I’ll try to keep it brief and then get into the details of the video or video’s.

Here it is. About time!!

Due to the religious nature of this video or video’s, it is not my (line6bassman) (J.G.) to promote any religious beliefs on anyone or any belief for that matter of fact, or intended to and or hopefully not to offend any one in any way which this was not intended, but for you to see one of your fellow Thunder
Row members, being the bass brave I said I was going to be.
Surprisingly, this is the only video’s I have of me playing bass and that’s from the 1980’s, so if you did read this far, thanks. Well I said what I felt I need to say, and now I’m ready to get into these video’s!!

Well, This might just end up being my Thunder Row complete Bio!! I think we have enough room here on TR HEEHEE!! Really, this maybe the last and only thing I do like this on TR. Note! After completing this I found out there was not enough space for the video, so the video will be in the next reply. Might as well, it will give you time to read all this if you dare!

FORWORD.

The reason I say, this may be the last and only time I do something like this on TR is, I personally
(in one's own experience or showing one's own opinion ) I never really plan or expect to ever do this as a profession (an occupation that requires extensive education or specialized training) but I’m doing this now,
Purely (in a complete, entire, or total way) For the love of playing bass!! It’s the only reason I’m spending
all this time on this to share with my fellow TR member, but you never know what could happen for me in the future. But for me at this time it’s the pure love of playing the bass!!! Hey!! Pursue!!
your dreams!! (to try hard to achieve or obtain something over a period of time) One last thing before I move on
( I think I promise this) Something I will always, and since I’m on the subject of loving the bass and
Here on TR, something Roy said that I will always remember, if you Roy V, are reading this are ever do read this you can correct me if I’m wrong. I remember after our NGW ( National Guitar Workshop)
You said on your older web site, maybe not in these exact word but something like this, You said, some times you envy people like us, who purely play bass for the love of just playing the bass, and this seems to be me!! But I know you love bass and your profession. Thanks for the (memories)
(the ability of the mind or of a person or organism to retain learned information and knowledge of past events and experiences and to retrieve that information and knowledge) and the effort you perform for the love of bass!! Jim
I never expected to take it this far. I will try to do somewhat of a note version on the videos. The second reply and video notes will be a lot less.
I also tried to put these videos, like I said in first post, in a short version which I did, but the dvd ripper I used had other thoughts. That’s ok, just watch as long as you can until you laugh or cry or spit,
But remember, be nice to your fellow TR-rer bass member!! Here’s the last things I will say (really)
about me in the video and bio.

1. 1st bass ever bought- Peavey T40 Bass- Felt like carrying 2 80 lbs bags of cement!!
2. The strap you see in video is the one and only strap I have ever owed! Too hold up the cement!!
3. In video, sold T40, Thank God! That T40 was killing me! Now playing in video my new Yamaha
Short scale Motion bass and new Yamaha B100 Amp I think it was? The Amp.
4. 2 many basses after that, I bought and sold!!
5. You might want to listen to this video on a set of speakers or tv, I can not hear the bass too good on my laptop. I listen on my THX 7.1 Surround Sound! Although it doesn’t make me any better! HeHe!
The Video

Ok, this is me playing bass in my church after about 6 to 8 months of learning bass.
Now that I think about it, thing were a lot simpler to play back in the 80’s.
Next, at about the 7:24 point of video, it goes into another set of songs we are playing where I am no longer in the video, but you can still hear me playing bass. Yes, it’s still me playing.
Hey, wow!! My hair’s not gray and I have a Mustache!!
These sets of songs are fast song and at end of video the slow song that cuts off will be my next song
That I put up. It is the one I truly treasure!! Ok!!!!!!! I’m about to end this thing ( oh!! Come on!! Your Lying again!!) Last thing. Ok in next song (after this video) I'm not in this video where you can see me, but if watched any of the first video you should know it's me. I actually like and use a lot, a chord trick
which is not really a trick, but something that was taught to me by a bass playing friend of mine who’s band used to be the lead off band for Andrae Crouch! No big thing, just makes you think about
this stuff when your doing this, brings back the memories !! You won’t believe this!!!!! And remember
to be nice!!!! THE END FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO LOW!!!STAY HIGH!!!!!!ON BASS THAT IS!!!!!
Line6bassman Whe!!!!!! That was long!!!!!!
Ps. I had to do this!! Who remembers the Johnny Carson theme? Well!! Here’s line6bassman!!!!!!
Note! This video will appear in next reply do to space limits.

line6bassman
06-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Here is the video, Again be nice!!
http://vimeo.com/12841999
Please don't forget to read the post before this one, which explains the video and some other important details. Thanks!

line6bassman

Elmeaux
06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Here is the video, Again be nice!!

So which one are YOU?

Just kidding. It's great! You gotta imagine Roy and the people at The Learning Dock all give a smile when they see one of the students takin' it to the streets!

SilverFlame46
06-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Nothing to be ashamed of here, thanks for sharing!!!!

slejhamer
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Nicely done! I also play in a church band (mostly bass, but lately mostly guitar ... or drums. :mad: ) Don't have any video though ...

JeffB
06-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Very cool, now play it again and put it up so we/you can see the improvements!

Thanks for taking a step on the wild side!

TobiasMan
04-02-2011, 11:50 AM
I remember "hash" choruses! Used to go on forever.

My main gig is still in a church worship band.;)

line6bassman
04-02-2011, 12:39 PM
I remember "hash" choruses! Used to go on forever.

My main gig is still in a church worship band.;)

Good for you!! Be Blessed!!

line6bassman

Ditto
04-03-2011, 11:05 AM
I did not play in the actual Church band, but a few times went to a Saturday night praise thing. It was like an open mic night for any and all who wanted to sing and or play.

I don't have any video but I got a pic around here somewhere???

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd476/AcesHighDitto/Bass/raisethepraise3.jpg?t=1301846238

I found it :) OK, That is my G&L L-2000E with the Leo Fender Signature on the Headstock! The neck on her is warped now and a luthier I know wants to strip it and refret her. Just kind of scared to let her go.

Elmeaux
04-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Nice axe. Warped as in twisted along its width or warped as in it needs the truss rod adjusted?

FeltFedora
04-03-2011, 01:23 PM
A bit off topic but on the subject of those G&L's... I think they have the coolest, beefiest looking bridges on any bass.

Ditto
04-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Nice axe. Warped as in twisted along its width or warped as in it needs the truss rod adjusted?

Warped as in: if you look down the neck from the body to the headstock, you can see a visable wave in the wood and it is really not playable from the 12th fret up. There is major buzz every where you play it. I found some fret board HYDRATER and soaked it. THat actually helped. I never knew about HYDRATING the wood on the neck. I have had her since 1985. The D and G tuners are not holding tune either, so I need to spend some cash on her, but I can get a new neck from G&L for $350.00. The repair guy wants $350.00 to fix mine. I may just buy that 30th aniversary model just like it and hang this one up as ART! :cool:

Edward Roman
12-21-2011, 10:23 AM
keep on playin every one!

Husker72
12-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Awesome! Sounds great. And that was before the lessons . . .