PDA

View Full Version : 30 Year Player Still Learning with TMBG!!!!

BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM
05-25-2010, 12:26 PM
I am happy to have found this program!

First, let me say that I have a radio/ TV career and the production with these lessons is GREAT! Wish I had this when I was 12 and just fooling around with the bass.

Seems like ever since I picked up the bass, I was jamming with guys and in bands playing gigs. We played mostly cover songs, but "involved" bass songs ( a lot of RUSH/ YES).

My gear: STEINBERGER XP2 (1986), a customized INBANEZ ERGODYNE headless (A-D-G-C) and a fretless CORT CURBOW for my slap/ pop playin'... its a little tough to thumb/ pop on the Steinberger...

The reason I bought this program is because I have never had a bass lesson. Everything I know, I figured out or read about. I did play trumpet in High School reading the treble clef, but that was decades ago! What I want from TMBG is the foundation to my playing: reading the bass clef and a better understanding of scales. I want to fully understand this great instrument! Maybe get into another band again?!?!

I'll wrap this up by saying this program is GREAT so far, I am 3 lessons into it!!! By lesson 2, I was learning!!!!

JeffB
05-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Welcome to our little home!

Elmeaux
05-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Roy's a great "Teach". I love the loops and playing along with the the TMBG Band.

SilverFlame46
05-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Welcome aboard Boom-Boom, we're having a lot of fun here!

stantonl
05-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Welcome! Sounds like you and I have a lot in common. I am currently working on lesson 8 and can honestly say I have learned so much it's hard for me to believe I am not even half way through. good luck to you brother.

thunderman
05-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey, Boom-Boom -

I've got ten years on you - so I didn't really start learning 'til half-way through lesson 3! Roy's great! If I'd had TMBG when I was 12, I'd own the world by now!

coachkip
06-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi Boom-Boom

Glad you joined us. It is so great to see people who get the fact that there is always more to learn. Thanks for giving us a shot and glad to hear that you are learning something already.

TobiasMan
06-06-2010, 12:07 AM
I've been playing regularly since the mid 80s and pick up reminders, tips, bad habit corrections, and new knowledge with every lesson of TMBG.

Good stuff indeed!