PDA

View Full Version : And now the waiting starts ...

Patrick
04-12-2011, 05:31 AM
Well I just decided to go for the Fender Am. Standard Jazz Bass in Sunburst finish.

I called the store (they had not replied my emails but the salesperson told me they were all in Germany during the weekend, so I guess they are a bit behind). The price of the bass was pretty good (I think it was cheaper than the cheapest black J-bass from the other stores).

unfortunately they didn't have it in store so they need to order, but it should take about a week to deliver if their supplier has them in stock.

I've send them a mail with my address information and they should reply back with an advance I need to pay before they can order it (I hope to get that mail soon since bank transfers here can take up to 3 days (working days)

Elmeaux
04-12-2011, 06:18 AM
Good luck!! More new babies enter the TR family!!!

Patrick
04-12-2011, 06:27 AM
I've already got a name for it ... "Thor" (The God of Thunder ;);))

SilverFlame46
04-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Congratulation, Patrick. What a great name. Remember to post some photos of "Thor" when it arrives!!!

Patrick
04-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Tnx,

I got a call from the store a few hours ago and they just had the Fender guy over at their shop and it turns out that all J-Basses are not available at the moment so it might take 4 to 6 weeks before they can have it at the store. But as long as I've got it before the summer holidays I'm happy (that would mean I have the most time to learn the bass).

The P-Bass was available but I'd rather wait for the J-Bass since as I understand when you cut the volume of the Neck pick-up you basically have a P-Bass but you cannot do that with a P-Bass to get a J-Bass.

And I'm talking about Lefty's here so I guess "normal" J and P basses are available in a shorter time period.

Elmeaux
04-12-2011, 04:08 PM
The wait will be worth it. I had to wait several weeks for "Thunder Cloud". No compromises. Get what you want.

Patrick
04-12-2011, 04:23 PM
The waiting will probably get worse during the next weeks when anticipation builds up. But with some luck is 4 weeks and not 6

line6bassman
04-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Great!!! Pat!!!

QUESTION HERE ANYBODY KNOW THE ANSWER???

I just had my friend take all kinds of pictures of my Jazz Bass that I want to sell, but the problem is they were taken on a Nikon professional camera and the files (bits) are to big to put up here on TR. Until my computer got wiped out I used to have a program that would change the bit size but I can't remember what it was. It was a free program.
Anybody know of a free program to change the bit size so I can get them up on here?
Thanks

line6bassman

FeltFedora
04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Photobucket... then just go in and edit the size. Or if you want to send me the pics I can do it for you with Adobe Lightroom and post it for you.

eviltarkin {at) gmail.com

line6bassman
04-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks FeltFedora!

Let me try that, and see how it go's, even I tried to email them my email might have trouble. But I'll try the program, thanks.

line6bassman

Greg Jewell
04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Patrick:

Congratulations on your new bass. May it exceed your every expectation.