PDA

View Full Version : Vacation? well sort of

Ditto
04-18-2011, 11:43 AM
My daughter had a big volleyball tournament in Reno Navada this past weekend. I was up there for 5 days and did not want to not practice for a week. So, I packed up the bass and took it with me.

We get to the hotel and I unload all the stuff and then I get my bass. I am walking through the lobby with the bass and thinking "I bet rock stars have thier stuff carried up for them" I was thinking if anyone would even notice I was carring a musical instrament?

Nope, not a single comment. The only people that even looked at were the people that I rode the elevator with. A women saw me coming in and moved away from the wall of the elevator so the bass could slide in.

That was it.

Anyone got any better travel stories? It was cool to have it and practice after a long day of sitting watching volleyball.

Ditto

Elmeaux
04-18-2011, 12:04 PM
My bass only travels once every couple of months from the apartment to the garage to the car to rellie's houses to play and then back again. Not very exciting, hey?

You say you weren't noticed. Did you at least have an interesting gig bag??? You know...maybe something with PINK FLOYD WORLD TOUR 2011 written on it?

Ditto
04-18-2011, 01:10 PM
No, I took my new Fender Jazz. It has the standard hard shell case with a molded FENDER on it.

I have not put any stickers on it. My old G&L has stickers all over the case. I really hate the fact that the homo***ual community has adopted the G&L (gay and lesbian) as their new montra. I have a lot of G&L stuff but when I wear it here in California, I get funny looks as most people know about gays and lesbians but not about George and Leo....... I know SAD :( but true!

That would be cool but I should pick a more obscure band that people may not know the bass player..... well with the video age that would be hard to get away with.

Next time.

Elmeaux
04-18-2011, 01:27 PM
LADY GAGA WORLD TOUR 2011? :p

Ditto
04-19-2011, 07:26 AM
That would be an easy one to fake!

Bass player for Gaga? I thought she used a synth bass? Yea I just stand on stage and air bass. :cool:

Elmeaux
04-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes, it's a synth bass.

I play the song in Rockband.

You use the bass guitar controller, but it feels like you should be on a keyboard.

It's not complicated to play, but there's a lot of it, so (at least for me) it's a finger workout.

Oh...did I mention it's the Eric Cartman version that I play?

They have the Lady Gaga version, but it's not as funny as this version...

This guy does 100%, but he doesn't use his power-ups to his best advantage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A0VI_2-oiU

Ditto
04-20-2011, 12:01 AM
I like the RUSH one, and RUSH used it on tour makes it even more funny.