PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow bassists

gentlemanbe
04-18-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm Gentlemanbe originally from Brooklyn, New York now living in Lexington, Kentucky. I just started playing /learning the bass guitar six months ago and I'm having a blast learning this awesome instrument. At 58 years old this is by far the best thing I've undertaken. Can't wait to see where it takes me.

Elmeaux
04-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Welcome, welcome!!! Good luck with the course.

What's your rig? Bass, amps, gear, etc?

SilverFlame46
04-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Welcome, gentlemanbe. Glad you are having a blast. The bass guitar is FUN so enjoy to its fullest!!!

line6bassman
04-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Welcome to Thunder row!!

And you live in the town of my favorite college basketball team, The Wildcats!!
Reason being, that a friend of mine from New Orleans here played on the wildcats and won a National Title with them, Rick Robey. And I like that name GENTLE MAN BE!!
Welcome again, Roy's a great teacher and a great guy!!

line6bassman

Bassix
04-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Hello, GMB - Welcome to Thunder Row!!

Many of us have found bass guitar a little later than most but that doesn't mean we can't grab our share of the fun playing this wonderful instrument! Enjoy!

gentlemanbe
04-18-2011, 10:58 PM
The journey has been great. Right now I play a fender aerodyne on a 15 watt rumble amp. Got my eyes on a few things especially an amp when I progress some more . Is the course all its hyped to be. It is certainly well produced.

Elmeaux
04-19-2011, 03:36 AM
Is the course all its hyped to be. It is certainly well produced.

I think it's a VERY good course. The loops are great - you can go over the material as much as you need. Playing with the band is also great. Puts you right in the picture so you feel a part of things.

SilverFlame46
04-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Is the course all its hyped to be. It is certainly well produced.

ONE word to answer your question, "ABSOLUTELY", TMBG is the BEST home study course for Bass Guitar on the market. And you get the instructor, Roy of course, live right here on Thunder Row to answer any questions you may have. Oh, and one other thing, you get Ralph, where would we be without Ralph???:D

Elmeaux
04-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Oh, and one other thing, you get Ralph, where would we be without Ralph???:D

I hear the "Darth Vader" theme playing...

kbridge
04-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Welcome Gentlemanbe!

DONNIE B
04-20-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm Gentlemanbe originally from Brooklyn, New York now living in Lexington, Kentucky. I just started playing /learning the bass guitar six months ago and I'm having a blast learning this awesome instrument. At 58 years old this is by far the best thing I've undertaken. Can't wait to see where it takes me.

welcome all the people here are the best .u will have fun here.until latter be cool.

TobiasMan
04-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Welcome GMB!

Better late than never. ;)

You'll Roy to be a great instructor and TMBG allows you to move along at your own pace. As you advance, then next lesson largely builds on the previous one, so try to have a lesson nailed before you move on. Use the loops to practice and enjoy playing along with the band. Strong basic skills set the stage for future improvements.

It is fun though to browse ahead and see what is coming, though. :cool:

Chris Howard
04-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Good Luck and Welcome!

Grady
04-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Hello and welcome, good things come to those who seek them out.

barricwiley
04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Yes indeed!!
Welcome to the row lair.

DONNIE B
04-22-2011, 03:04 PM
welcome. to the row great people here .like i said welcome and have fun.