PDA

View Full Version : great wite north

DONNIE B
04-29-2011, 05:42 PM
ok iam starting to fell strange .a florida boy wanting to talk hokey.LORD STANLY would be rolling over.come on ther alot of CANDAIN on the row.lets talk play offs .or dare i say we talk about lacross go bolts

Elmeaux
04-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Er...I don't watch hockey. Only a little baseball now and then.

Go Yankees!!

FeltFedora
04-29-2011, 07:18 PM
1 word: BRUINS

DONNIE B
04-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Er...I don't watch hockey. Only a little baseball now and then.

Go Yankees!!

i do baseball go rays

DONNIE B
04-29-2011, 11:06 PM
1 word: BRUINS

i like the burins when they are not playing bolts. my dad was from around boston.
lemonstir. sorry about spelling i lived in buffalo for about 11yrs that is were i fell for hocky.more good games left. go bolts.

TobiasMan
04-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Canucks!!!!

DONNIE B
04-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Canucks!!!!

Tobiasman i have to say the canucks are looking rely good but still some good games comeing up wish u all the best but alli can say is go. BOLTS

DONNIE B
05-11-2011, 11:50 PM
ok feltfedora looks like your bruins. and my bolts . lets rock and roll.gota love it.:cool:

TobiasMan
05-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Canucks vs somebody???

DONNIE B
05-14-2011, 05:27 PM
feltfedora BRUINS.AGAINST THE BOLTS go bolts. tobaisman canucks sharks.

TobiasMan
05-14-2011, 07:12 PM
feltfedora BRUINS.AGAINST THE BOLTS go bolts. tobaisman canucks sharks.

Took a while to sort that out. The battle of the jerseys - the Orca vs the Shark.

Go Orca! ;)

DONNIE B
05-18-2011, 11:47 AM
feltfedora your bruins took it to my bolts .last mite way to go bruins.

DONNIE B
05-18-2011, 11:52 AM
tobiasman your CANUCKS looking god up one against the sharks. way to go

TobiasMan
05-18-2011, 06:30 PM
They had to score two quick goals to pull it off in game one. We'll see what the Sharks have up their sleeves tonight.

DONNIE B
05-18-2011, 06:32 PM
They had to score two quick goals to pull it off in game one. We'll see what the Sharks have up their sleeves tonight.

should be good game

TobiasMan
05-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Canucks 7, Sharks 3!

Hendricks bros finally started clicking and they were getting good effort from all 4 lines.

We'll see what its like when they return to the shark tank on Friday (Sharks have to win 4 out of the five remaining games, Canucks have to win two out of five).

DONNIE B
05-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Canucks 7, Sharks 3!

Hendricks bros finally started clicking and they were getting good effort from all 4 lines.

We'll see what its like when they return to the shark tank on Friday (Sharks have to win 4 out of the five remaining games, Canucks have to win two out of five).

watch out for the brooms. they are rely are playing good .well i get to see what my bolts can do tonite.to you i say go canuks. but for me go bolts. maybe we will meet in the finals .

DONNIE B
05-20-2011, 12:00 AM
WELL FELTFEDOR your burins are mostdef.takin it to my bolts good job. but still lots of time yet. best of luck to you. go bolts

TobiasMan
05-21-2011, 10:48 AM
The Canucks just didn't seem prepared for the Shark's forechecking changes last night. They killed themselves with early penalties against the Shark's potent penalty special team. Canucks finally made a game of it at the end, but by giving up 3 in the first period, basically dug themselves too deep a hole to climb out of at the end.

Officiating was a bit of a "wild card" last night as well. ;)

We'll see how they adapt for the Sunday afternoon game.

DONNIE B
05-22-2011, 03:13 PM
The Canucks just didn't seem prepared for the Shark's forechecking changes last night. They killed themselves with early penalties against the Shark's potent penalty special team. Canucks finally made a game of it at the end, but by giving up 3 in the first period, basically dug themselves too deep a hole to climb out of at the end.

Officiating was a bit of a "wild card" last night as well. ;)

We'll see how they adapt for the Sunday afternoon game.

yea it was awild game but that is what makes the game worith watching if your nerves and hart can . stand it should be a good one to day.best of luck .well my bolts pulled it out but they are the hartatic kids too .hope they do better from here on out.

TobiasMan
05-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Second OT period before they settled that one. Canucks got the first goal, but looked very "sleepy". Bad clear by Luango put the Sharks ahead. Canucks didn't guarantee OT was even going to happen until 0:0:14 left in the third!!!:eek:

Really weird puck bounce off the glass stanchion and no one but the shooter knew where the puck went. Bouncing, wobbling shot and it was over. :D

Are your Bolts going to be able to pull even tonight?

DONNIE B
05-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Second OT period before they settled that one. Canucks got the first goal, but looked very "sleepy". Bad clear by Luango put the Sharks ahead. Canucks didn't guarantee OT was even going to happen until 0:0:14 left in the third!!!:eek:

Really weird puck bounce off the glass stanchion and no one but the shooter knew where the puck went. Bouncing, wobbling shot and it was over. :D

Are your Bolts going to be able to pull even tonight?

i hope so . i know they can do it. just need to settle down and play there type of hokey.they should win.yea i thought the puck went up in the air off of his pads at first strange bounce.but better to be lucky some times. now i hope my bolts can make it past the next two. but i should go one gam at a time .well tobiasman. must say best of luck to you , but go bolts.

DONNIE B
05-25-2011, 11:14 AM
well feltfedora i must say your bruins are giving my bolts a hard time good games. i wish you all the best of luck . but i think my bolts can do it. GO BOLTS.

DONNIE B
05-25-2011, 10:52 PM
well they got going late but it was pretty wild game.hope they can do the same thing friday .will just have to wight and see. till then go bolts

TobiasMan
05-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Can you guys just drag this out as long as possible? Oh, and really beat up on each other while you're at it?

The Canucks appreciate the rest and recovery time ;)

DONNIE B
05-26-2011, 07:42 PM
tobaisman.one more DAY of rest then it is time to put a game plan togather. for bostin or tampa. best of luck.to you and the cancuks. but i just have to say it GO BOLTS.

Elmeaux
05-27-2011, 08:13 AM
I wonder if anybody makes a bass shaped like a hockey stick...

TobiasMan
05-27-2011, 10:49 AM

Probably "do-able". Might turn out like a Chapman stick - all electronic - as a 3/4"x1 1/4" piece of ash (oh ya, now they're made of composite "stuff") is unlikely to have much tone.
Probably have to be a one stringer, or at most two. ;)

DONNIE B
05-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Probably "do-able". Might turn out like a Chapman stick - all electronic - as a 3/4"x1 1/4" piece of ash (oh ya, now they're made of composite "stuff") is unlikely to have much tone.
Probably have to be a one stringer, or at most two. ;)
it would easy to tune

TobiasMan
05-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Sorry Donnie.

Guess we'll be seeing the Bruins for the final. Great run for the Bolts, though! :D

DONNIE B
05-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Sorry Donnie.

Guess we'll be seeing the Bruins for the final. Great run for the Bolts, though! :D
i dont know why the played so flat. i know i wish we had some power plays would have helped.but it was a very clean game. so i guess i have nuthing to cry about .i relt wanted to see the speed of canucks vers bolts speed .but now will .watch canucks and bostin . i think you should have the uper hand . shuld still be good games.the best of luck to you. go canucks

DONNIE B
05-29-2011, 12:13 PM
well felt fedora i must tip my hat to you and the bruins for there win. if they can keep up withe the canucks speed they should be good games .i will wish you all.the best in the games to the cup.good luck

Bruce Alan
05-29-2011, 08:10 PM

Right here:

Goalie Stick Bass (http://www.muddguitars.com/?page_id=497)

Oh...and this is all I have to say about hockey this year:

Elmeaux
05-29-2011, 08:36 PM
LMAO!!! I love it!!!

DONNIE B
06-02-2011, 07:55 PM
I .want one make mine four strings and a flashing light for goal scored. go canucks.

TobiasMan
06-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Well, the goal light for the Canucks just flashed once in game one - but that was enough.

Three more to go. ;)

DONNIE B
06-03-2011, 08:53 PM
tobaisman am looking forward to a good game.ya some times all it takes is one. i hope Winnipeg dose well with there new team. well be watching the game tomorrow.go canucks gota love it:cool:

TobiasMan
06-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Number 2 was a nailbiter again, OT win for the Canucks. Now they are venturing into the big bad Bruins home territory! Number 3 on tomorrow night!

DONNIE B
06-06-2011, 12:20 PM
it was a very good game. like you said now home ice for the bruins.the bear cave if you will. they always play hard at home.boston has always played physical hokey.i like that.well should be another good game.

TobiasMan
06-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Looks like Boston's got their mojo workin', and suddenly came alive 11 seconds into the second period. Currently leading 4-0! :(

Canucks look confused, or something. Not getting on track at all. Hope they at least make a game of it in the third period.

DONNIE B
06-06-2011, 09:48 PM
yea they really are playing crisp .i guess they looked at the over all board.but you are right they do look lost.may be tired . but bostn is out checking them every were.that is the type of hockeythe game boston likes real physical.now the game is just out of control .well talk to you latter 727 left.o well more to come.

DONNIE B
06-06-2011, 09:54 PM
well feltfedora you just got to love it. bruins playing very strong hockey.they really left it all on the ice.congrats very good game. more to come. go to love it.

TobiasMan
06-07-2011, 09:41 AM
8-1

A blowout! Luongo looked ordinary, but the D was MIA so he was left out there alone and didn't look good. Hopefully all they've both got the fighting out of them so they can get back to playing hockey.

Canucks have to get this back under control - quickly! :eek:

DONNIE B
06-07-2011, 05:02 PM
8-1

A blowout! Luongo looked ordinary, but the D was MIA so he was left out there alone and didn't look good. Hopefully all they've both got the fighting out of them so they can get back to playing hockey.

Canucks have to get this back under control - quickly! :eek:

i don,t see how any body could say that it was a good game . And be honest with them self. yea bostan played a sound game but with the caliber .of the cancuks play.we should have had a much better game. we all have a team we want to win but a true fan could not say that was a good game.and that is what a true fan wants is a good game. And there team to play and win a good game. i believe that the rest of the games will be good games. just like the games that got both teams to were they are now. then the winner can hold the cup up with pride. here is to good games. ps lets have fun.

TobiasMan
06-09-2011, 12:16 PM
:(

If the Canucks can't regain their composure and play their game, I'm afraid for the outcome of this series.

Don't remember the name of the goalie, but there was one from perhaps New York who was also famous for slashing the back of player's legs with his stick. A goalie stick slash is no laughing matter, but Thomas laughed last night - maybe he should have been the one in the box instead of a substitute. The Bruins had the Sudin twins handcuffed last night.

Some Bruins fans :mad: "What to Canuck's fans expect, they're in our building?" Yes, but peeing on the opposition's fans isn't really what anybody should "expect". That's just ugly!

On to Vancouver, we'll see what changes the Canucks make there.

DONNIE B
06-14-2011, 02:27 PM
THIS has been a wild six games. all not bad but all not good either.there have been so many penalty,s on both sides.some really bad play both ways.but to be fair the refs have let the games get out of hand. i just hope we can see a good clean hard fought game for game 7. you go ta love it

DONNIE B
06-14-2011, 05:29 PM
TLDRT I will tip my hat to any team that can win the CUP you just dont luck it to the CUP. Boston has played hard can,t take that away from them.nor would i try .i root for the Canucks because they were the very first NHL team i ever saw live them and Buffalo Sabers played. Buffalo lost the game but i was hooked still a buffalo fan also , I LIKE Boston also my dad is from Boston.i have familey in NEWTON,LEMINSTER,GLOUCESTER.SO patr of me is a big BOSTON fan. i was born in SAINT PETERSBURG FL.so now i root for the TAMPA BAY LIGHTING. GO HOCKEY FANS SHOW YOUR COLORS. GOT TO LOVE IT.

TobiasMan
06-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Got my fingers crossed. Have to wait and see whether the "Away" Canucks or the "Home" Canucks show up tonight. :)

TobiasMan
06-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Obviously the "away" version of the Canucks showed up last night. :(
Luongo was just ordinary and the twins appeared to have simply disappeared. A few good chances, but the Canucks were firing blanks.

Kudos to the Bruins, clearly the better team last night.

The reaction of fans in the City of Vancouver was just plain embarassing!!!! That's what happens when the bars along Hastings start feeding booze to the low lifes at noon and don't stop plying them until the game is over. How sad.

Elmeaux
06-16-2011, 11:31 AM
The reaction of fans in the City of Vancouver was just plain embarassing!!!! That's what happens when the bars along Hastings start feeding booze to the low lifes at noon and don't stop plying them until the game is over. How sad.

My sister is a bartender. There was a hockey thing at the bar last night and she was attacked by a drunk who was there for the game.

She was bitten and punched in the face.

Lovely...

DONNIE B
06-17-2011, 12:10 AM
My sister is a bartender. There was a hockey thing at the bar last night and she was attacked by a drunk who was there for the game.

She was bitten and punched in the face.

Lovely...
elmeaux iam very sorry to here that.some people are just morons .tell your sister. iam sorry and hope she will be ok.all hocky fans are not. trash.
again iam very sorry for your sister and you. i will talk to you later.

DONNIE B
06-17-2011, 12:17 AM
those are not fan.they are drunken fools.i hate it when some people messit up for every one. instigate jerks just ad booze

Elmeaux
06-17-2011, 12:33 AM
elmeaux iam very sorry to here that.some people are just morons .tell your sister. iam sorry and hope she will be ok.all hocky fans are not. trash.
again iam very sorry for your sister and you. i will talk to you later.

She's fine. We come from fightin' Irish stock - we can all take a punch! :p

The person who did it was about 19 or 20, so my sister didn't strike back at her - she dealt with her as if she was her daughter and just restrained her until help could come.

Last I heard, the police had been to the girl's house and told her that my sister had requested 24 hours cool down time to decide whether or not to charge her with assault. (she has a fat lip and a big set of teeth-prints swelling up her arm)

The girl came back to the bar and wanted to apologise.

I think my sister is going to have a talk with her and remind her of the repercussions of a youngster having a criminal conviction on your record when you try to go and get a job. My sister's own daughter died when she was 22, (she was running in the rain - trying to beat a train - but she slipped on the tracks and was was hit by the train, which was going over 60 miles an hour)

As a result of losing a child, my sister has a heart (me too :) )and we deal a gentle hand to young people who go astray.

Forgiveness and such, you know?

I'll let you know how the discussions went...