PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Fender American Standard Jazz Part 2

line6bassman
04-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Here's the rest of the Pictures, I guess this has to be in a couple of reply's, so if anyone is interested you can make me an offer by PM ING me here on TR. Thanks
line6bassman.

From older post.
Red American Standard Jazz
I will be putting this bass up for sale shortly here on TR. I thought I would put it up here first before I need to put it on my eBay page if I have to. So I'm give first shot to TR people. A friend of mine who is studying to be a professional photographer is supposedly coming over tomorrow night to take pictures of the bass so when that happens I will put them up and give all the final details then. Here's what I'm thinking so far.

This same exact bass no difference what so ever with case same deal, (exactly)
sold for $900 buy it now no bidding on eBay plus $50.00 shipping.

What I'm going to do is I'm going to see first if anyone wants to make me any reasonable offers and you can send me your offers for this bass through private message through Thunderrow to me and we'll see where we go from there.
So until I can get the rest of the pictures done here is a real quick taken picture of the bass in case.

As I said above, once I have the rest of the pictures up, I will fill in the final details about the bass etc.

Thanks!!

line6bassman

Trying to put last pictures in next reply, lots of them but will be last of them. If interested, you can make offer thanks.

PS. FORGOT TO MENTION THIS, THIS IS THE JAZZ WITH THE S1 SWITCH IN THE KNOB THAT MAKES THIS BASS LIKE A PRECISION BASS, FOR SOME REASON THE YOUNGER GENERATION LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT MAKES A LOT MORE PUNCH!! LIKE 2 BASSES IN ONE.

line6bassman
HERE IS THE SERIAL NUMBER ON THIS BASS ( Z4021360 ) ACCORDING TO THE NUMBERS, THIS BASS WAS MADE IN 2004. BUT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE I'VE BEEN HAVING IT THAT LONG. BUT THEN AGAIN I SELDOM PLAYED IT, SO UNTIL I FIND MY ORIGINAL RECEIPT WHEN THIS BASS WAS BOUGHT NEW, THAT'S WHAT I HAVE UP TO NOW ON THIS BASS.

PS. For The Final Time. I bought this bass new on 9/08/2004 Still in almost new condition, except for case a little scuffed up.
If you would like to make offer PM me here on Thunder Row. I will leave it here for 2 weeks from this date May 4th 2011 then I will put it on my eBay page.
Which you can see at Electmusic eBay from there!! Thanks. You can also see it on new Orleans Craigslist at this link for anyone in the New Orleans are surrounding area. http://neworleans.craigslist.org/msg/2367701858.html

line6bassman

line6bassman
04-30-2011, 10:40 AM

Cont Pictures806

There's more, but that's it for here, Thanks again and you can make an offer if you want to.

line6bassman

Patrick
04-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Trying to put last pictures in next reply, lots of them but will be last of them. If interested, you can make offer thanks.

Yeah, The limit of images used in a post is 4 (including smilies) so you will need to post the other pics in another post (reply)

I can increase the number of images if people feel it's needed and if David (TLD) agrees.

But, what I wanted to say :
Can you provide a year for this bass (some people would like to know that before buying). If you don't know you should be able to lookup the serial number (http://www.guitardaterproject.org/) but if the bass is newer than 2008 it will probably not work (the Fender official website has dating information based on Serial Number but they also stop at 2008).

You can contact Fender support to find out if you like, they should be able to help.
Someone from Fender told me :

Typically if it's a new one, you will see a SN# with Mz11 or MZ10 the 11 or 10 would indicate the year.

So maybe there is also MZ09 for 2009 ? :confused:

line6bassman
04-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Yeah, The limit of images used in a post is 4 (including smilies) so you will need to post the other pics in another post (reply)

I can increase the number of images if people feel it's needed and if David (TLD) agrees.

But, what I wanted to say :
Can you provide a year for this bass (some people would like to know that before buying). If you don't know you should be able to lookup the serial number (http://www.guitardaterproject.org/) but if the bass is newer than 2008 it will probably not work (the Fender official website has dating information based on Serial Number but they also stop at 2008).

You can contact Fender support to find out if you like, they should be able to help.
Someone from Fender told me :

So maybe there is also MZ09 for 2009 ? :confused:

I'm going to have to look up my receipt on this bass shortly and then put it up. I know I kept it. Are look it up like you said, but I think that should be enough on the pictures. Thanks again!!

line6bassman

Elmeaux
04-30-2011, 02:43 PM

Just a question...

I've never seen pup magnets stick up high like that out of the casing. Mine are all level with the surface.

Is this significant of a special setting or type of pup?

line6bassman
04-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Just a question...

I've never seen pup magnets stick up high like that out of the casing. Mine are all level with the surface.

Is this significant of a special setting or type of pup?

That's a good question, but I can't answer that one, it's been like that from day one.
So, anybody else that owns a Fender Jazz does yours look like that too?? Now I'm curious again. Boy!! What a curious day for line6's mind.

line6bassman

barricwiley
04-30-2011, 06:06 PM
I have a new MIM Fender Jazz bass and the pups are just like line6bassman's nice red beauty.

Elmeaux
04-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Interesting...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f38/do-fender-am-std-jazz-pups-have-520391/

line6bassman
04-30-2011, 07:07 PM
I read that and I'm not pushing on nothing, if Fender made it that way and it sounds like a fender leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

line6bassman

Elmeaux
04-30-2011, 07:18 PM
I agree. Leave it be. As long as it was made that way on purpose, there's no need to mess with it.

This is a really interesting piece of trivia to stash in the pile.

line6bassman
04-30-2011, 07:22 PM
I agree. Leave it be. As long as it was made that way on purpose, there's no need to mess with it.

This is a really interesting piece of trivia to stash in the pile.

Yep!!! It seems like this is a up and down subject?

line6bassman

Ditto
05-01-2011, 01:51 AM
I have a 2010 Made in America standard Jazz and they are flush on mine.

line6bassman
05-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Yep!! One minute your up!! And then one minute your down, What's going on here???
Not that I'm really concerned about it but it would be a interesting subject to hear from Fender about, the whys and and-ifs about it.

line6bassman

barricwiley
05-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Donno, I looked at Fender American Jazz Basses ranging from $1300 to $1700 on Guitar Center site and close ups were showing all the pups for sale looked just like line6bassman's.

Elmeaux
05-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Donno, I looked at Fender American Jazz Basses ranging from $1300 to $1700 on Guitar Center site and close ups were showing all the pups for sale looked just like line6bassman's.

...and yet....

http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Jazz-Noiseless-Original-Pickups/dp/B0019BOU1E

Obviously, they come both ways. Maybe that's why they were putting covers over them...so nobody would find out what was going on...:p

line6bassman
05-01-2011, 07:23 PM
I've never played one with the cover on the pickups before, but it sure seems like to me that it would get in the way for me.? Anyone ever played this type with the cover before? And how does it work out if you played one without it for awhile and then play one with it?

line6bassman

barricwiley
05-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Yup Elmeaux, the link you posted are exactly as mine are.
With the big bucks Jazzers I doubt they had the same pickups. (sure do hope so anyway)

line6bassman
05-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I don't know if this guy can help me are not, but this is a friend of mine and I've been here and watched him make guitars a couple of years ago!! But this question is got me wondering now why some pups are high and some are low. I'm going to call him and see if he knows and what he thinks about this stuff?? Are email the picture to him of the pickup and see what he has to say. I did read something a little while ago about the pups being high for the reason of more volume but we shall see. I'll let everyone know if he knows anything about it.

line6bassman

http://vimeo.com/750647

PS. I left him a message, so I'll see if he has any incite on this?

PS. After I just went back to his website I have found out that my friend PASSED AWAY ON APRIL 26 2011 THAT'S A BUMMER FOR ME TONIGHT, I KNOW HE WILL BE SADLY MISSED FOR THOSE WHO KNEW HIM, I BOUGHT MOST OF MY MUSIC STUFF FROM HIM WHEN I FIRST BEGAN PLAYING BASS.
REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND.
http://www.fosterguitars.com/in-memory

WHAT A SAD NIGHT FOR ME, HE BRINGS BACK A LOT OF GOOD MEMORIES OF WHEN I FIRST STARTED PLAYING BASS. I BOUGHT MY FIRST NICE BASS
AND AMP FROM HIM, A YAMAHA MOTION BASS AND AMP THE ONE YOU SEE ME PLAYING IN THE VIDEO OF ME IN THE 80'S AND THE SAME STRAP THAT I STILL USE TODAY!! THANKS AGAIN JIMMY FOR THE MEMORIES!!:(

One more last little thing in memory of my friend Jimmy, He could play some easy sweet bass lines.
http://www.fosterguitars.com/jazzguitarlesson-angeleyes.html

Elmeaux
05-01-2011, 10:11 PM
I think there's a very interesting vibe to this whole thing. I ask a simple question that leads to you learning a good friend has died.

Had you not tried to contact him, you wouldn't have found out...and now that you have, you can honour him by thinking of the good times.

Vibes.

Here's to your friend!!! Peace on your journey, Brother!!