PDA

View Full Version : New member to the TMBG/ Thunderrow family

joels84944
05-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Hello everyone,

My name is Joel, and I have been a church drummer for 30yrs. I have always wanted to play the bass. My father plays practically any instrument.....really.....but he does not have the patience to teach. My parents even bought me a Tobias Toby Deluxe 4 bass for my birthday around 6yrs ago. My son is now coming up the ranks as a drummer and I want him to take over my position. My daughter is learning the Piano also. So I decided now was the time to learn to play, but didn't know where to start. I tried DVD's before and online stuff, but could'nt get the grasp.

Then one day reading Bassplayer Magazine I saw the ad for TMBG and I checked out the site and said this is what i'm looking for. Ordered it and now am learning...slowly but I know I will get to be a bass player when I complete the lessons.

Sorry for going on and on, But I am just so excited.....

Elmeaux
05-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Welcome, Joel. Lots here to enjoy and use for your studies.

Glad to have you with us, and GOOD LUCK!!!

TobiasMan
05-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Welcome Joel!

You've got a nice bass to start on and the best course material available. Work at your own pace, but keep pushing so you are progressing. Don't move on until you have the objectives of the current lesson down. It is great when you get to the point that you can jam with Roy's band in each lesson.

Good luck.

Bassix
05-11-2011, 11:15 AM
joels84944,

From one drummer to another, welcome to the Row! :cool:

TMBG will definitely give you a solid foundation and help you get where you're trying to go with this wonderful instrument. The best part is that you determine the pace and, ultimately, the results. Best wishes on your bass journey!

Greg Jewell
05-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Joel:

Welcome to the stomping herd...

bronsonelliott
05-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Welcome and good luck! Please utilize the forum as much as you need. We are all here to help. We're all going through this journey together.

No man left behind!!

--
Bronson

DONNIE B
05-11-2011, 12:39 PM
welcome to the row joel.the people here are rely great .always willing to help .the forum is rely full of help and useful stuff lots of fun .so welcome aboard.
:cool:

joels84944
05-11-2011, 02:48 PM
welcome to the row joel.the people here are rely great .always willing to help .the forum is rely full of help and useful stuff lots of fun .so welcome aboard.
:cool:

Thanks Guys for feeling Welcome. I really appreciate it.

Joel

DONNIE B
05-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks Guys for feeling Welcome. I really appreciate it.

Joel

have fun we do. welcome

Grady
05-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Welcome Joel and it is very exciting to play bass.

TLDTR
05-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Hello, Joel - Glad to have you with us. You've made a great choice and I can tell you have the determination to turn all of the information presented in TMBG into real skill. Enjoy the journey!
Ed.

barricwiley
05-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Wecome to the Thunder forum Joel.

SilverFlame46
05-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Joel. Glad to have you as part of our family!!!

Chris Howard
05-13-2011, 04:22 PM
bienvenidos a la fila !!! ...just finding another way to say "Welcome to the Row !!!" :p