PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to "Winterpeg"

TobiasMan
05-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Elmeaux and other Winnipeggers.

Congrats on regaining an NHL team! (NHL says the name Jets is available and I know that most fans there want the old name back).

Now all they've got to do is sell 13,000 seasons tickets by the end of June.

Elmeaux
05-31-2011, 09:14 PM
This is such a monstrous thing here today that they shut down the streets so people could play road hockey in the middle of heavy noon traffic.

BTW...at about a hundred bucks a ticket for nosebleed seats, I'll be skipping it.

slejhamer
06-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Hockey had no business being in Atlanta.

Now, how do we get Canada to take the Expos (aka Nationals) back? :mad:

slejhamer
06-01-2011, 08:30 AM
P.S.

Q: How do you move a hockey team from Atlanta to Winnipeg?

A: Jets.

HA HA HA HA.

Sorry, that was bad.

:rolleyes:

Elmeaux
06-01-2011, 12:43 PM
P.S.

Q: How do you move a hockey team from Atlanta to Winnipeg?

A: Jets.

HA HA HA HA.

Sorry, that was bad.

:rolleyes:

Ah, the hockey fans will be out in full force again in his town.

PS...our current non-NHL team, THE MANITOBA MOOSE, has just been booted unceremoniously to the curb. People went to the games, but it was just to fill the sucking chest wound.

TobiasMan
06-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Weren't the Moose the Canucks farm team?

I think I heard they are heading to St. Johns, Nfld. Now, being "brought up from the farm team" will mean a days travel - by air!!!! ;)

Elmeaux
06-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Weren't the Moose the Canucks farm team?

I think I heard they are heading to St. Johns, Nfld. Now, being "brought up from the farm team" will mean a days travel - by air!!!! ;)

I'm not enough into hockey to know these details. I only grab snippets from the news.

DONNIE B
06-02-2011, 01:38 PM
way to go winnipeg iagree atl has ha two nhl teams now and could nit make the first one work .i don,t know what made them think it would be any better this time.good for winnipeg..and congrats on the first game win to the canucks. way to go mabey next time my bolts will be in the race for the cup . but still a few good games left.

DONNIE B
06-02-2011, 01:48 PM
just think one more team to watch on hokey knight. wish i still got hokey knight. is it still on mondays?

TobiasMan
06-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Hockey Night in Canada is on Saturday - sometimes as many as three separate games over the afternoon/evening.

Winnipeg has a new stadium this time (they really didn't have a suitable venue before) and they have enthusiastic owners (couldn't find anyone to buy/own them in Winnipeg last time and the low Canadian dollar at the time meant that since tickets were sold in Canadian dollars, but players were paid in American dollars, Canadian teams were all having a tough time making ends meet. Not such a problem since the Looney is worth $1.02 US dollars.

If the fans support them with season's ticket sales (about 13,000 needed) they should make a go of it.