PDA

View Full Version : So Practice Makes Perfect? Wrong? Right?

line6bassman
06-10-2010, 09:27 AM
:confused:A THOUGHT FOR LIFE IN A BASS PLAYER AND STUDENTS LIFE, SO YOU SAY OR THINK, PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT?

IF YOU PRACTICE, WHAT IS WRONG, YOU ARE NOW PERFECTLY WRONG!!

SO I GUESS, PRACTICE DOES MAKE PERFECT? THINK ABOUT IT?

GO LOW!!! STAY HIGH!!! ON BASS THAT IS!!!!!!!!

line6bassman:confused:

Elmeaux
06-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Probably why I crutch so much to playing with TABS. :p

Ralph
06-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Comes a time to give Tabby her milk, then put her outside...for good!:cool:

Elmeaux
06-10-2010, 11:29 AM
But...but...TABBY is so warm and friendly...

jthomas353
09-23-2010, 02:09 PM
My daughter's violin teacher tells her that "perfect practice makes perfect". I suppose that's why Roy says to start out slow until we get the notes right before we speed up.

John

TLDTR
09-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Musicians are creative people, and creative people are - due to some mysterious aberration in their DNA - impatient. That's why the most successful creative people are those who force themselves to be patient and master each of the skills that comprise their art.
Best of luck with it!
(If you learn the trick, share it with the rest of us!)
Ed.

domin8r28
06-01-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm trying to get my number of posts up so I can view links so here goes. I was always taught that practice makes permanent. If you practice it wrong, its not perfect.

Patrick
06-02-2011, 03:56 AM
If you practice it wrong, its not perfect.

No, it will be perfectly wrong :D

That's one of the reasons I decided to start completely from scratch when I started the TMBG course.

As for the minimum number of posts, we're sorry about that but unfortunately measures like this need to be taken to protect us against spammers :mad:

bronsonelliott
06-02-2011, 11:14 AM
This is why I say "Perfect practice makes perfect". Read my signature.

DONNIE B
06-02-2011, 02:06 PM
I don,t know of any thing . out side of nature or god that is perfect. i do not believe that man. can ever obtain perfection. that is why we pursue it so hard.and it keep,s us driving us forward.

domin8r28
06-02-2011, 03:06 PM
As for the minimum number of posts, we're sorry about that but unfortunately measures like this need to be taken to protect us against spammers :mad:

No problem, I completely understand

BillG
06-02-2011, 09:24 PM
I guess its allot like life. The more effort you put into something the better you get at it. If you want to play baseball just wanting to isn't goin to be enough...but..if you do it enough and get to know what works you will improve.

To play Bass well you will benefit from knowing what will work to. Knowing the 'rules' comes from a basic understanding of your instrument and how it works. Not knowing, intimatly, where notes are will put you at a huge disadvantage. Once learned everything that follows will be easier because it makes sense. Can you imagine not being abe to read this simple post or any piece of literature? Once learned and applied its more fun because you understand it. Much easier than learning a new language.

Bruce Alan
06-04-2011, 01:39 AM
My wife is an oboist. in other words, I cannot b.s. her regarding music. Her words to me: practice makes consistent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

And no, she is not getting her tuner back!