PDA

View Full Version : Hiyas from Connecticut

BillG
06-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Just retired a week ago and within 5 minutes dragged my 67 Gibson EB0 out of my 'stuff' room where it had been sitting for 39 years. I knew I wasn't going to start playing all the old favorites but yikes...it was all gone.

I never took lessons and since there is NO chance I'll be putting my baby away again it was decided that this time it would be done right. I was near giving up on finding a good teacher when I came across Roy's Utube vidios. WOW, this is it.....I hoped.

Just gote the TeachMeBass package and I couldn't e happier. Well, hands that were 40 years younger would be nice I guess:p

Very glad to be here

Take care,
Bill..AKA Thumper

Elmeaux
06-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Welcome, Bill. That Gibson will be rolling soon enough!! Red one or brown one?

DONNIE B
06-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the row bill.and congrats on the retiring thing. that s cool well the forum is great .have fun.

SilverFlame46
06-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Bill. Glad to have you aboard. Good luck with your lessons!!!

barricwiley
06-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Welcome to the Row Bill and congrats on the retirement. I am freshly retired and have chosen the same goal - learn and love playing the bass. Thump on.
Richard

Parmenas
06-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Welcome! TMBG is great! I've been working through it with my son for about a year now. We're moving at his pace. He really likes it. Enjoy and much success!

TobiasMan
06-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Welcome Bill,

There's a few of us retired folks on TMBG. I've been playing for years, but still find lots of things I don't do right (and old habits are hard to change!) and things I never learned to do. This is a great resource and Roy is an excellent teacher.

Don't rush through this stuff. Get each lesson under your belt before you move to the next. The lessons build on each other, so if you skip ahead you'll end up frustrated.
Learn it right - the first time ;)

joels84944
06-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Welcome to the Family Bill,

Time to go back to my lessons.....Later

BillG
06-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Welcome, Bill. That Gibson will be rolling soon enough!! Red one or brown one?

Red one. I got it new but there are caps on the back covering the tuner gear. I haven't seen this in any pictures and wonder if it was tinkered with. Trying to get an answer from Gibson. Any thoughts?

Elmeaux
06-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Red one. I got it new but there are caps on the back covering the tuner gear. I haven't seen this in any pictures and wonder if it was tinkered with. Trying to get an answer from Gibson. Any thoughts?

Post a pic. You have to have enough posts to qualify for posting...so get busy yapping.

Bruce Alan
06-04-2011, 01:36 AM
Welcome aboard, Bill.

BillG
06-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Post a pic. You have to have enough posts to qualify for posting...so get busy yapping.

Here is a 65 Gibson on Ebay with the same tuning peg covers,

http://cgi.ebay.com/1965-GIBSON-EBO-BASS-GUITAR-CHERRY-FINISH-FENDER-CASE-/380347113907?pt=Guitar&hash=item588e7461b3

???????

Elmeaux
06-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Here is a 65 Gibson on Ebay with the same tuning peg covers,

http://cgi.ebay.com/1965-GIBSON-EBO-BASS-GUITAR-CHERRY-FINISH-FENDER-CASE-/380347113907?pt=Guitar&hash=item588e7461b3

???????

Very nice. Makes me think I'd really like to try a short scale bass...but I'm devoted to my JTK.

NO bids on the one on Ebay.

BillG
06-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Very nice. Makes me think I'd really like to try a short scale bass...but I'm devoted to my JTK.

NO bids on the one on Ebay.

I still haven't figured out where the covers on the tuning pegs come from. This is the only one I've seen exept for mine with these covers...hoping it was straight from Gibson and not an after-market thing.

Elmeaux
06-20-2011, 01:23 AM
I still haven't figured out where the covers on the tuning pegs come from. This is the only one I've seen exept for mine with these covers...hoping it was straight from Gibson and not an after-market thing.

They sell them at various stores (for lead guitar)...so I imagine they're available for bass, too...

http://www.savebrite.com/q/gibson-tuning-pegs.html