PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the UK

PaulUK
06-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Another new recruit signing in.

I'm Paul and I just received TMBG.

I've dabbled with the bass guitar for a while now, picking it up and putting it down again (mainly putting it down!!).

I've even stepped right out of my comfort zone to perform in public a couple of times; with much more bravado than capability (and with any success due to the patient and capable musicians around me, the judicious use of my volume control and the uncritical attitude of an audience of friends....:rolleyes:).

I tried a teacher for a while, but it didn't really gel (my work was taking me all over the world and it was hard to keep the practice up).

It's time though for me to learn to do this thing properly. So I looked around the internet and concluded that Roy's course was just the thing.

I'm really enjoying Lesson 1; I am determined to properly learn the fretboard this time...

Wish me luck.

Paul

Elmeaux
06-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Welcome, Paul! Good luck with the course. Methinks you've made the right choice.

What's your axe? Rig?

PaulUK
06-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Thank you for your kind welcome Elmeaux.

I have a Ibanez SR900 with a Roland 100 Cube Bass amp. I bought them a few years ago and they have been criminally neglected.....

I also have a 4 string Shine electro-acoustic bass which sits close to me and is what I pick up a couple of times a day at the moment to practice. The action is a bit high, but the convenience makes up for it and I like the simpleness of an unplugged instrument.

I guess I will graduate onto the electric soon, but as I'm just learning the note positions at the moment (and giving my hands some exercise) the acoustic is fine for now.

Paul

Elmeaux
06-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Thank you for your kind welcome Elmeaux.

I have a Ibanez SR900 with a Roland 100 Cube Bass amp. I bought them a few years ago and they have been criminally neglected.....

I also have a 4 string Shine electro-acoustic bass which sits close to me and is what I pick up a couple of times a day at the moment to practice. The action is a bit high, but the convenience makes up for it and I like the simpleness of an unplugged instrument.

I guess I will graduate onto the electric soon, but as I'm just learning the note positions at the moment (and giving my hands some exercise) the acoustic is fine for now.

Paul

Get your required posts in and then vote in our weekly Skin DEEP game.

http://www.thunderrow.com/showthread.php?2387-Skin-DEEP-Ibanez-on-Top

It's always in the OFF TOPIC section.

SilverFlame46
06-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Paul. Glad to have you as part of our family. Good luck with your lessons and above all have FUN!!!

barricwiley
06-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Welcome Paul, Hope you stick around and get to know folks.
Richard

PaulUK
06-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Thank you all.

I've been wandering around the forums for a few days now, I think I'll learn a lot here!

Bassix
06-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Welcome to Thunder Row, Paul and good luck with TMBG!

"judicious use of my volume control".... Got a kick out of that. :)

Bruce Alan
06-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Welcome aboard, Paul!

DONNIE B
06-10-2011, 06:01 PM
welcome to the row and tmbg. you will like it here. the people here are very good about helping were they can.and if not they will try to point you in the right direction. fun bunch.welcome and have fun:cool: