PDA

View Full Version : New to the site

JMilly
06-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Hey everybody,

I've been playing bass for a 3 years now and got tired of not really knowing my instrument so I opted for TMBG and so far its the jam. I have a Fender Aerodyne and a Micro Ampeg stack as my set up.

Elmeaux
06-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Aerodyne, eh? Isn't that the one with triple pups? Yowch!

Welcome to the Row. Good luck with your lessons. Post a picture of your ax, so's we may all drool.

JeffB
06-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Welome again! Be cautious of Ralph here, he always has something up his . . . umm I was gonna say sleeves but he doesnt have any :p

JMilly
06-20-2010, 11:43 AM
I pictured him rocking the sleeveless nascar shirt with a sweet business in the front party in the back haircut lol

I will mos def post some pictures, I just ordered a pickguard and when that gets in I'll post the before and afters.

SilverFlame46
06-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, JMilly!!! Looking forward to your photos. Now, I must caution you concerning Ralph. He really is a nice person and in fact he had a Fan Club once upon a time. But when his Fan Club went down the tubes (mainly for lack of interest and then there's that little problem when I couldn't get the closet door open):D well he just became very upset and strange things started to happen. The website went down for two days and then Elmeaux got sick for two or three days which Ralph claims the illness had something to do with a doll and some pins. Anyway you need to talk to Ralph and let him know how much he is respected. You see Ralph and Ashley are competitors and we all know who the stronger one is. Just say hi so he knows you mean him no harm and you'll be fine! Good luck with your TMBG Lessons!

Elmeaux
06-20-2010, 01:14 PM
He just became very upset and strange things started to happen. The website went down for two days and then Elmeaux got sick for two or three days which Ralph claims the illness had something to do with a doll and some pins.

...after which we all learned that someone else is actually pulling Ralph's strings. You can tell right away by going to the TMBG main page, where you'll see Ralph grimacing because he has a hook up his nose. We suspect Ashley's actually running the place, and Ralph is a mere footstool. I'd be more cautious of her powers than his.

Meanwhile...back in the Chateau Groove, we've only just learned a certain bassist was overheard to say...

:::dramatic organ music:::

Tune in next week, same time, same channel, when we answer the age old question, "Is Ralph actually the president of his own fan club?"

:confused:

SilverFlame46
06-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Very good Elmeaux, very good!!!

coachkip
06-21-2010, 09:26 AM
I pictured him rocking the sleeveless nascar shirt with a sweet business in the front party in the back haircut lol

I will mos def post some pictures, I just ordered a pickguard and when that gets in I'll post the before and afters.

That is funny, Ralph actually does have a business in the front, party in the back haircut, but it is just a wig.

Welcome to the site, we just got back from the NAMM convention and are excited to impliment some new things, you are here at the right time.

TLDTR
06-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Things are clearly getting out of hand on the Row! These insurrectionist comments about Ashley pulling my strings! I mean!... It 's the other way around! When I say "jump!" she says "Yes, sir! How high!" (Incidentally, she's on vacation this week and I would like this thread to be concluded before she gets back. So let's wrap it up!)
Also - that NASCAR comment, I'll have you know I taught their tires (that's tyres, for you Canadians) how to be round!

TLDTR
06-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Our sharp-eyed visitors will not have failed to note that the preceding comment seems to have come from Ed. It did not! Please let me make that emphatically clear! I got to the office a little early this morning and found a certain someone sitting in my chair, eating my M&Ms and typing furiously away on my computer (how does he do that without fingers? I've never asked!). He managed to press "Send" before I could pull him away from the keyboard. I'm sorry if he caused offense. (He seems to think that's part of his job description). I'm having the lock changed.

Ed

thunderman
06-21-2010, 09:59 AM
As you can see, we sometimes get distracted. Ralph is distracting in his own way. Ashley's distracting in hers. It's all good fun. Glad to have you with us!

Elmeaux
06-21-2010, 10:04 AM
We understand, Ed.

Having multiple personalities means you'll always have a date for New Year's Eve. :p

JeffB
06-21-2010, 10:06 AM

Ha! have you seen the video of Roy from the 80s? Now THATS party!
http://www.thunderrow.com/showthread.php?195-Roy-Vogt-80-s-Shredder!&highlight=hair :D

JMilly
06-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks everybody, very welcoming indeed

Dude I'm not even gonna lie, if you told me I could have that sweet doo and a montage of bass shredding...WHERE DO I SIGN UP!?

JeffB
06-21-2010, 07:44 PM
LOL, sported that doo from 84 thru 91

JeffB
06-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Ralph tried, but as you can tell, well, we cant even get a Ralph Chia pet to sprout hair, poor little thing.

JMilly
06-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Haha mine woulda read sported that doo from 84 thru Present Day

TLDTR
06-22-2010, 12:50 AM
We understand, Ed.

Having multiple personalities means you'll always have a date for New Year's Eve. :p

One has the advantage of never being alone ... or at a loss for conversation.

Ed et al

JMilly
06-22-2010, 06:38 PM
By the way it seems everyone I have spoke with so far has been a member for quite a while. I was wondering if you could introduce yourself to me by chance.

Elmeaux
06-22-2010, 07:21 PM
By the way it seems everyone I have spoke with so far has been a member for quite a while. I was wondering if you could introduce yourself to me by chance.

I'm Elmeaux, Captain of the Thunder Row Smart-Aleck Department. Bane of Ralph's existence and Keeper of the Faith. Rudimentary bass-playing skills, getting better every day, thanks to RV and his wonderful course! :p

JeffB
06-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Im Jeff, a guitar wannabe transplant. Forgive me for i have sinned, I havent picked up the instrument in over a week. :mad:

My oldest graduated and Im just winding down from the shock of it all. Ill be back soon though!!

SilverFlame46
06-22-2010, 07:51 PM

Hey JMilly, I am SilverFlame46, Past Honorary Chairman of the Ralph Fan Club, an "Old Timer" that's new to playing the bass (or any instrument for that matter) and really enjoying the TMBG course. Everyone on Thunder Row are exceptional people that I am honored to be associated with. Nice to meet ya!

JMilly
06-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Speaking of which how are the lessons going for you?

SilverFlame46
06-23-2010, 06:14 AM
Lessons are going great for me. Just wrapping up Lesson 3 and will be starting Lesson 4 next week. I spent about three weeks each on Lessons 1 and 2 but with Lesson 3 I had to give it an extra two weeks. I'm in no hurry and will spend the time needed on each lesson as I progress. The TMBG course is great as I am now able to play along with friends even if it is just pedal notes or the Root, Third and Fifth of the chords. This I am able to do after just the Third Lesson. Roy is a great teacher and makes learning fun. Thanks for asking!!!

JMilly
06-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Oh yeah man, its nice to talk to people who are doing them as well and can relate.

Ralph
06-24-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm glad we got all that out of the way. Now, about my fan club...

SilverFlame46
06-24-2010, 12:38 PM
I tried Ralph, I really did! But that darn closet door, plus the fact that I couldn't get the interest going just seemed to be your Fan Club's downward turn. But, maybe, just maybe, a new Chairman (you know, new blood) could get things going again for you. Now since you put that doll away, and if you promised not to get it out again, and you promised not to crash the website again, well, maybe, just maybe, Elmeaux would take kindly to your needs and be willing to serve as the new Honorary Chairman of your Fan Club. A little sweet talk may help, so be nice when you ask!!!:rolleyes:

Elmeaux
06-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Elmeaux would take kindly to your needs and be willing to serve as the new Honorary Chairman of your Fan Club. A little sweet talk may help, so be nice when you ask!!!

Ask? I believe BEG is the word you're really looking for...

:cool: