PDA

View Full Version : Headphones!!

line6bassman
06-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Can anyone afford some of these?? Not really that much but enough for me. Freaked me out headphones like being on something without being on something. Was at Best Buy the other day looking at headphones cause I needed a pair to use with my Zoom R24trk Recorder and the place was so noisy I tried these on my head and my body went into SHOCK!!!!! I thought my heart stopped!!! The place went quite and they sounded the best I've ever heard!! It took about 20 min for my body to come back into reality. Wish I could have afforded a pair. So be warned these things are NICE!!!

Line6bassman

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/quietcomfort_15/index.jsp&intcmp=USB01027

Elmeaux
06-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Ask Santa.

I'd love 'em too, if I had cash.

I have a pair of wireless headphones that have a tendency to pick up taxi driver radio broadcasts. As I play bass, I can tell you how long you'll have to wait for a taxi.

jthomas353
06-27-2011, 08:36 AM
I have the original Quiet Comfort 2 headphones and love them, especially when flying. Blocks out the engine noise as well as people talking and babies crying. With music playing through them, you're in your own world.

Bruce Alan
06-27-2011, 11:05 AM
I got the QC2 model years ago to quiet annoying co-workers (to no avail) and these turned out to be fabulous for recording. I love 'em.

PaulUK
06-28-2011, 02:47 PM
The shop I saw them in actually had a unit with jet engine noise to demonstrate the noise cancelling characteristics. They are certainly on my list, although I don't fly as much as I used to and so can't justify them as easily.....

Ditto
06-28-2011, 03:21 PM
I did not see a price anywhere on the site?

How crazy is crazy expensive?

Elmeaux
06-28-2011, 03:41 PM
I did not see a price anywhere on the site?

How crazy is crazy expensive?

The price is upper right. It says $299.95.

Bruce Alan
06-28-2011, 04:02 PM
I know they are quite pricey as far as headphones go. But if one can swing it, they last forever if taken care of. And sound fabulous.

TobiasMan
06-28-2011, 06:35 PM
I use a pair of Seinheiser HD Pro 280 headphones for practice. They were about $125 and provide very good isolation and bass response. Fit well and are comfortable for extended periods of use.

The headband looks a little "geeky" but I only practice with them so no one sees me in them but me. :o

line6bassman
06-28-2011, 09:12 PM
The price is upper right. It says $299.95.

They also have a pair different model for a $100's more. Now that's crazy crazy but they are crazy-ally COOL!! Speaking of crazy, wait till the day I tell everybody about the times I played bass at this place. Now this is crazy for real. But really it was the craziest and most fun I've ever had playing bass!! Coming soon to a TR Theater need you!!

Line6bassman

SELH is a 348 bed state operated psychiatric treatment facility serving adults, adolescents, and children. Current programs and services provided by Southeast Louisiana Hospital are based on the belief that persons with mental illness can and do recover. The concept of recovery and resiliency which places emphasis on the involvement of the individual and family, personal responsibility and self direction is reflected in the design of treatment programs and services offered by the hospital. Additionally, as part of the recovery model SELH promotes client involvement in the day to day operation of the hospital.

http://www.selh.org/default.aspx