PDA

View Full Version : Any Blues Fans Out There?

SilverFlame46
06-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey Blues Fans, FYI, Cyndi Lauper just released an album this past Monday, June 21, entitled "Memphis Blues". Now I have never been a Cyndi Lauper fan but this Blues Album is really good (my opinion) and she just won me over. Yes I bought the album as I love Blues. If you told me several years ago that one day I would become a Cyndi Lauper Fan I would have asked you what you been drinking or smoking. But I am so impressed with this album and her ability to sing the blues that I just had to share it with someone, anyone!!!

Elmeaux
06-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Next come the Justin Bieber downloads...AAAGHHHH! Sometimes, I swear I don't even know you anymore.

I love Blues and I love Cyndi Lauper. I might pick this one up. But first, I'm saving up for the Lane on Bass album. I listened to samples and I love it to death!! :)

SilverFlame46
06-25-2010, 09:02 AM
If you are referring to the "Deeper Blues" album I already have it and it IS great!!!

slejhamer
06-25-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm not much a blues fan, with the exception of some SRV (Double Trouble was a KILLER rhythm section), but I do think Lauper is under-rated as a singer. When she isn't doing the squeaky thing, her voice is quite powerful. :cool:

Elmeaux
06-25-2010, 09:27 AM
If you are referring to the "Deeper Blues" album I already have it and it IS great!!!

That's the one. I have it on my WISH LIST on CD Baby. Just waitin' for few nickels to rub together.

TobiasMan
06-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Lane/Deeper Blues is certainly an amazing blues group. Strong lead, great drums and anchored by that bassline from Lane's black Lakland. :)

Check out "Black Sheep" for some some just flat out, tongue-in-cheek blues fun! :D

Or check out Digger Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSBPRnn0zTo&feature=related

SilverFlame46
06-25-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm not much a blues fan, with the exception of some SRV (Double Trouble was a KILLER rhythm section), but I do think Lauper is under-rated as a singer. When she isn't doing the squeaky thing, her voice is quite powerful. :cool:

I agree, after listing to her "Memphis Blues" album she is a great singer. I am one of those that had under-rated her until now!!!

Elmeaux
06-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Lane/Deeper Blues is certainly an amazing blues group. Strong lead, great drums and anchored by that bassline from Lane's black Lakland.

Yowch. Too good.

:cool:

coachkip
06-28-2010, 08:35 AM
I never knew much about Cyndi Lauper until a few years ago when she started making her comeback. She is very talented and highly underrated as an artist. I will have to check out her album. I love the blues and look forward to hearing it.