PDA

View Full Version : Punked out

stantonl
06-25-2010, 04:31 PM
My best personal gig story happened a number of years back when I was in a punk band. We were playing a show at a small hall in a small Nor. Cal. town (my drummer at the times home town actually) and the crowd was getting pretty rowdy. There was no stage so we were playing down on the floor with the crowd. In this particular band I was sharing lead vocal duties with the guitarist and both of us were constantly being popped in the mouth by our mic as the crowd surged towards us. This in itself was enough to flare my temper, but I just rolled with as it was punk after all. At one point it became clear that there was one guy who was the main offender in the mic bumping and in fact seemed as though he was doing it on purpose, but the final straw was when said guy decided it would be cool to throw his beer on me and my bass. That was it, I lost it. I knocked the mic out of my way and went after him through the crowd, bass in hand!! I don't recall how long my instrument cable was at the time but it was at least 25ft long, and I went the whole length of it as the crowd split in our wake. When I got to the end of my "leash" I stopped as that I had a small Carvin head at the time and was afraid I had pulled it off my cab (still thinking about my gear in the heat of the moment, got to love it). The dude kept on running, right out the venue. I headed back to the band, whom were just staring at me wide eyed, mouths agape, and we finished our set. After we played I got some major compliments on how "Rad" I was, got to love punk rock.

Elmeaux
06-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Did you manage to keep all your teeth during the mic bashings? :p

Ralph
06-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Why do you give a bassist a 10-foot cord? There's a great joke in there somewhere. I'll be thinking...:cool:

Elmeaux
06-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Speaking of jokes...

What's the difference between a bass player and a rhinoceros who's just eaten a whole can of baked beans?

One is an ugly animal that just makes low farting sounds, and the other is a rhinoceros.

What's the differnce between a drunk bass player and a vacuum cleaner?

You actually have to turn the vacuum cleaner ON before it sucks.

:D:D:D:D

coachkip
06-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Gotta love Punk. Great story thanks stantonl

bronsonelliott
05-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Great story. Thanks for sharing.

california1967
12-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Haha, this was great!

Elmeaux
12-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Hey, welcome, California! Glad to have you with us!

Ditto
01-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Very cool that he ran away, blood on the headstock may not have matched the paint on your bass LOL!