PDA

View Full Version : Helpful Little Sheet

Elmeaux
07-31-2011, 11:52 PM
When my hands are too sore to play, I do my "classroom" work.

As I was noodling with my lessons tonight, I came across one of the handy little charts I created to help me with my fretboard training.

I have a bunch of these charts - that have to do with patterns and positions - but this one is one of my faves. If you remember which notes are PAIRS to each other, it can help with your lessons.

If anybody can make use of it, help yourselves!

You'll have to open it up to get a good look.

The frets are not to scale or anything - just in blocks.

:D

cactoose
08-01-2011, 07:09 AM
This is great, thank you!

When I opened this up, it was one of those 'slap yourself on the forehead' moments. I can't believe I've not spotted this pattern before (and I've spent a long time looking!)

This has made my day!

Elmeaux
08-01-2011, 09:27 AM
It works for Lefties, too. You just have to mirror it.

I have several charts that depict the visual patterns. Look for the "4-up and 4-back" pattern between the note on the E string and the same one on the G string.

I find the visuals help to drive the message home.

:)

PS...one of my colour blocks is wrong on the original chart (the F# on the G string - 11th fret)

Here is the corrected version...

derecola
08-20-2011, 12:00 PM
thats cool thanks...

DONNIE B
08-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Elmeaux thank you the chart is really cool good tool. R.eally helps When i down loaded it and took a look i could see the neck of the guitar. That really put it into prospective .Thank you .By the way your charts look better than mine. But i have really got into making charts. They really seem to help me see the big picture. and i will take all the help i can get. I will be glad when i get to the point where i can start helping people like that. Pay it forward. That is what it is really all about. Still smiling. still loving life.and bass. it;s all good.

Elmeaux
08-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Elmeaux thank you the chart is really cool good tool. R.eally helps When i down loaded it and took a look i could see the neck of the guitar. That really put it into prospective .Thank you .By the way your charts look better than mine.

How do you make your charts? I just use Excel and print it without the gridlines on the spreadsheet.

KGT
08-25-2011, 02:50 PM
This is very helpful - thanks!

Mutineer
08-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Those are really nice, especially for a noob like me. Thank you for sharing!

billostech
09-12-2011, 08:42 PM
When my hands are too sore to play, I do my "classroom" work.

As I was noodling with my lessons tonight, I came across one of the handy little charts I created to help me with my fretboard training.

I have a bunch of these charts - that have to do with patterns and positions - but this one is one of my faves. If you remember which notes are PAIRS to each other, it can help with your lessons.

If anybody can make use of it, help yourselves!

You'll have to open it up to get a good look.

The frets are not to scale or anything - just in blocks.

:D

Thanks Elmeaux. I am printing it out and posting it on the "Wall of Sound" for practice. This is of great help.

Elmeaux
09-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Thanks Elmeaux. I am printing it out and posting it on the "Wall of Sound" for practice. This is of great help.

Make sure to print out the revised version - (also posted in the thread) I had coloured a block incorrectly on the original.

:cool:

Cdeyong
09-16-2011, 12:43 PM
I'd like to take a look at the chart and download it. How do I do this? I don't see a doc to download.

Thanks.

Elmeaux
09-16-2011, 01:27 PM
I'd like to take a look at the chart and download it. How do I do this? I don't see a doc to download.

Thanks.

You've just made your fifth post, so if you go back to the page, you should be entitled to see it now.

kd7eir
11-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Always great when people share tips and tricks. Thank you.

Bassplayer4ourGod
11-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I guess I need to make a comment. I can't see the link.

Mekana
12-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Also commenting so I can see it... Yay this will be my 5th post! The description sounds great! Lol.

aksteve
01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
since i will still have to wait till my taxes come back in feb. before i start TMBG, my goal is to work on things like memorizing the fretboard and this has been a HUGE help! cant wait till feb!!!!

thanks for sharing!

harmonrn
01-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Thank you very much for sharing!