PDA

View Full Version : Met with a new Drummer tonight

Ditto
08-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Well,

The first step is complete. I packed up my Mesa and Fender Jazz and drove to the house of a drummer I met. We kind of seemed to get along so we tried to play tonight. It went well and we played through 4 easy songs and then did them without the CDplaying. It was good, so I think we will continue. I have a guitar player and vocalist lined up so once we get the drums and bass in sync I will add them. Right now it is a fun project but who knows could make a few bucks in the future. :D

Elmeaux
08-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Fantastic!

What four songs did you play?

Ditto
08-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Started out with ZZ Tops Gimmie All Your Lovin Then went into the Romantics Talkin in Your Sleep, I love that one becuse of the breaks as the bass and drums really have to be on it. Then we did Joan Jetts I hate myself for Loving You. Then The Babys Midnight Rendezvous also got some breaks in it.

I want to start easy and develop a chemistry and then start adding players and more songs. I have only done this a few times and all the other times it implodes and goes no where. Musicians can be a pain in the A S S to work with as egos get in the way of having fun.

So I am sure that some of you have some horror stories of forming bands. That could be a thread all it's own :)

TroyJames
08-07-2011, 12:12 PM
That sounds like a very enjoyable way to spend a saturday evening.