PDA

View Full Version : Tal W.

jammin
06-30-2010, 03:18 AM
Hi Guys (and Gals) hello again fron Albuquerque, NM. 4 things: i. Is anyone in NM doing TMBG? It could be great to compare notes.

2. I'd like to know if we have any Tal Wilkenfeld fans among us. I heard her with Jeff Beck several times and I think she is great.
She is about 24, a beautiful young lady, and an awesome bassist. She makes her Sadowsky sing.

3. I'd like to see more about her in articles, blogs, posts, etc.

4. I'm very curious about her practice regimen. How often and what did she practice? What did she do or not do to make her a virtuoso in a relatively short time. Did she take private lessons? I know she started out playing guitar.

If anyone in our group shares similar interests, I would appreciate some replys.

Thanks.

Elmeaux
06-30-2010, 08:14 AM
I'd like to know if we have any Tal Wilkenfeld fans among us. I heard her with Jeff Beck several times and I think she is great.

I have to say, I've never heard of her. I defer to my colleagues for more insight.

TLDTR
06-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Hey, Jammin' - I'm with Elmeaux on this one. Never heard of Tal Wilkenfeld until you mentioned her. However, now, having researched her on the internet, all I can say is thanks for bringing her to our attention. She certainly seems a gifted young lady. (These young Australian women are taking over the world, have you noticed? Check out Jessica Watson who just became the youngest person - at 16 - ever to sail solo around the world! jessicawatson.com) I've already sent a request for an interview to Tal's management team and anticipate a positive response so we can ask her all your questions! We'll keep you posted.
Thanks again,
Ed.

Elmeaux
06-30-2010, 12:07 PM
I've already sent a request for an interview to Tal's management team and anticipate a positive response so we can ask her all your questions! We'll keep you posted.

Wow! You guys really aim to please. I'm impressed.

So...um...you'll be contacting Roger Waters when? I have a few questions...just give him my email address...I'll do the interview myself. :D

SilverFlame46
06-30-2010, 01:36 PM
I've already sent a request for an interview to Tal's management team and anticipate a positive response so we can ask her all your questions!

This is why Thunder Row is so impressive. Everyone is so efficient!!! Thanks Ed!

PS: And a Happy Birthday to Jammin!!!:cool:

stantonl
06-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Tal is definitely a bassist you should know about. I recently picked up her solo album, Transformation, and definitely recommend checking it out.

SilverFlame46
06-30-2010, 07:26 PM
I just previewed all seven songs on Tal's album (Transformation) and have added it to my list of future purchases. She is very good!!!

TLDTR
06-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Wow! You guys really aim to please. I'm impressed.

So...um...you'll be contacting Roger Waters when? I have a few questions...just give him my email address...I'll do the interview myself. :D

Hey, Elmeaux, if you can find out how to get an e-mail to Roger, we'll try to get an interview...we couldn't find any contact info on his websites. Good luck!
Ed.

jammin
07-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Thanks for your input guys. I too am impressed with how quickly our leadership takes action. I hope the
interview with Tal happens. To those of you who are not familiar with Tal Wilkenfeld, may I suggest you
spend some time on youtube. You can search with her name or check out the great vids she did with
Jeff Beck. Their drummer Vinnie Colaiuto (I hope I spelled it right) is also awesome. As bassists and wannabes, we
should appreciate great drummers. Thanks for listening and thanks for your kind birthday wishes. Sorry. I didn't
mean to be so windy.

Elmeaux
07-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Sorry. I didn't mean to be so windy.

Bizarro Ralph:rolleyes:

TLDTR
07-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Those of you impressed by attractive, talented, young female bassists - be sure to check out Esperanza Spalding. http://www.esperanzaspalding.com/She also writes and sings and, incidentally, was recently interviewed by yours truly for our Legends corner. That will be posted August first.
Ed.

SilverFlame46
07-01-2010, 12:10 PM
You are correct Ed, Esperanza Spalding is an attractive, talented, young female bassists that is very impressive. Her album, Esperanza with Leo Genovese, is part of my library. She is very good!!!

Elmeaux
07-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I checked her out, too. Very talented. I have to be careful how many of these talented people I try to absorb in one day...I just keep gettin' smaller and smaller and smaller...

:p

coachkip
07-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Wow Tal is a great bassist. Look at the talent I found on this video while surfing YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKMO5e9rAp0&feature=related

Elmeaux
07-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Hey, Elmeaux, if you can find out how to get an e-mail to Roger, we'll try to get an interview...we couldn't find any contact info on his websites. Good luck!
Ed.

I have a couple of street addresses, but I don't know how reliable they are. Rog is about to embark on a concert tour, so it might be a tough sell even if we managed to connect. He has a facebook page, but I think he's just making comments with regard to his various charities.

Check out the Harry Waters Band - Rog's son, making his own music. They're on youtube and have an album out. Harry might be going on tour again with Dad, but I'm not 100% sure of that. He's been touring with them since the early 2000s.

Harry's the kid on the Wall album who says, "Look, Mummy, there's an aeroplane up in the sky..." He and his sister, India, also appeared in The Tide is Turning video from RADIO KAOS. Looooong time ago.

I'll keep looking for an email...

SilverFlame46
07-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I'd like to know if we have any Tal Wilkenfeld fans among us.

I just finished purchasing, downloading and listening to Tal Wilkenfeld's album, "Transformation". It is very, very good, in fact I would have to give it a full Five Stars!!! Thanks for letting us know about her!