PDA

View Full Version : Hi

BKMarshall
08-22-2011, 05:19 PM
This is my first post. My name is Brian and I live in Lexington, KY. I'm retired military and although I'm not a spring chicken, I thought I would pursue a lifelong ambition and learn to play bass guitar. I wish I had learned music in school, but my youngest son who was in band in school has helped me a lot. The first bass I bought was an ESP p-bass with an Ampeg BA-112. I love that Ampeg tone! I just recently bought a fender standard jazz bass that's pretty cool.
I look forward to learning all I can from TMBG and all my new friends out there. The biggest challenge I face right now is that my middle finger on my picking hand doesn't produce the same sharp tone that my index finger does. My friends tell me that fingers are out of tune. LOL If anybody else has had that problem, let me know what may be causing it.
Anyway, I look forward to learning many new things with TMBG. Chao!

Elmeaux
08-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Welcome, Brian. Hope you enjoy the course and the forum. Don't forget to email TLDTR to get your name in the running for a free set of DR strings.

And thank you for your military service.

:cool:

Ditto
08-22-2011, 06:20 PM
only playing with the middle until you build it up then alternate. I still do that sometimes.

and Hi

preacherman
08-22-2011, 07:46 PM
You will enjoy the course Brian. Just remember to be patient.

DONNIE B
08-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Hello BRIAN Welcome to the row this is the place to be. great people .if you need help just ask. always happy to meet another vet thanks for your service .just keep going like walking left right.your finger may work it self out you can try washing your hands in warm water for a few min.that is always a good help too warming up your hands .should always stretch your hands out be for practice anyway. well welcome.have fun.it is all good

BrianVW
08-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Hi, Brian, welcome aboard! TMBG is a great course and there's great people here.

:-)

ArtLiestman
08-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Welcome to the party, Brian! The forum is a very important part of this course. Glad you found it.

Greg Jewell
08-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Welcome...and thank you for your service!

Why is it that so many of us "older guyz" waited so long to follow our dream? Let that be a lesson to somebody...somewhere. Regardless, TMBG will make it happen.

Greg

SilverFlame46
08-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Brian. Good luck with your lessons!!!

BKMarshall
08-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Welcome, Brian. Hope you enjoy the course and the forum. Don't forget to email TLDTR to get your name in the running for a free set of DR strings.

And thank you for your military service.

:cool:

Thanks Elmeaux I really appreciate it.

BKMarshall
08-27-2011, 06:59 AM
only playing with the middle until you build it up then alternate. I still do that sometimes.

and Hi

Thanks Ditto. That's exactly what I've been doing. I need to get that middle finger toughened up! LOL

BKMarshall
08-27-2011, 07:01 AM
You will enjoy the course Brian. Just remember to be patient.

Thanks Preacherman

BKMarshall
08-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Hello BRIAN Welcome to the row this is the place to be. great people .if you need help just ask. always happy to meet another vet thanks for your service .just keep going like walking left right.your finger may work it self out you can try washing your hands in warm water for a few min.that is always a good help too warming up your hands .should always stretch your hands out be for practice anyway. well welcome.have fun.it is all good

Hi DonnieB.

And thank you for your service as well my friend. I appreciate the advice. I'm having a blast playing so far.....I might even get pretty good before I get too old! :)

BKMarshall
08-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Hi, Brian, welcome aboard! TMBG is a great course and there's great people here.

:-)

Thanks BrianVW

BKMarshall
08-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Welcome to the party, Brian! The forum is a very important part of this course. Glad you found it.

Thanks Art. I look forward to learning a lot here.

BKMarshall
08-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Welcome...and thank you for your service!

Why is it that so many of us "older guyz" waited so long to follow our dream? Let that be a lesson to somebody...somewhere. Regardless, TMBG will make it happen.

Greg

That's been the story of my life Greg. :)

Thanks for the shout out.

BKMarshall
08-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Brian. Good luck with your lessons!!!

Thanks SiverFlame46. I look forward to learning all I can.

Practice...Practice....Practice!

Mutineer
08-28-2011, 03:59 AM
Hello from a fellow newbie, although you sound far ahead of me bass-wise! And hats off for your military service.

I'm having similar issues with my fingers, but I just figured it'd work itself out!:o