PDA

View Full Version : Hello

KGT
08-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Played in High School Jazz Band and really enjoyed the instrument, but sold the bass (gasp!) to help pay for University tuition. I returned to the instrument a couple of years ago (at 46 yrs of age) and quickly realized that although I could noodle around on it and learn tunes by ear, I wasn't going to improve unless I had a structured program to follow - also really needed to bone up on theory. Have just finished lesson 2 and have already learned a ton. Currently playing an Ibanez SR-900 4-string with B-DEC 30 amp and also an old Yorkville Bassmaster 100 - also using a BOSS ME-508 multi - effects pedal. Looking forward to chatting with all of you.

KGT
08-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Just thought I'd share a (hopefully) interesting story: The electric bass was directly responsible for my meeting my Wife. We've been together since High School - celebrated 30 years together a few days ago - she told me years ago that she first noticed me in High School Band class (she played clarinet, I played bass), when our Band Director started screaming at me for playing too loud - I was apparently drowning out the tuba and bass trombones. She told me she'll never forget my response: "Good - they all stink - you're really much better off listening to me!" After serving my one week's detention we started dating and have been together ever since.

I would also like to take this opportunity to formally apologize to any tuba and bass trombone players who might happen to visit this forum. I don't know what I was thinking - you're all wonderful.

BrianVW
08-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Welcome aboard, KGT!

Elmeaux
08-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Welcome, KGT! And happy anniversary! Say hi to the Missus from us all.

Good luck with the lessons!

:cool:

SilverFlame46
08-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, KGT. Glade to have you aboard!!!

thunderman
08-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Hello, KGT - Welcome! Quite an assortment of gear you have there, Roy (and Ralph) will help you put it to good use. Happy anniversary! Good to have you aboard.
TM

DONNIE B
08-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Hello kgt welcome to the row. tThis place is great.Lots of fun the forum is great.Every one is always willing to help all you have to do is ask. Check out the off topic. lots of fun .that is where we go to talk about other things than bass. Any way glad to meet you . have fun.