PDA

View Full Version : Total Beginner Here

Mutineer
08-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Hello, everyone! I've been peeking in the window here at Thunder Row for about a week, and y'all seem like a friendly enough bunch of folks. So when I started feeling like a stalker I decided it was about time I introduced myself. :o

I'm a complete and total beginner, a newbie, a greenhorn, a wannabe ... heck, I barely know a Rickenbacker from a Knickerbocker! But I love music, and have always been drawn to the bass guitar. So, as my 34th birthday present to myself, I acquired a reasonable bass starter kit and - after some research - decided that TMBG sounded like the "training regimen" for me.

I don't make many good decisions ;), but I think I nailed it with TMBG! My job requires many hours per week, and my schedule is often wildly unpredictable, so private lessons weren't a reasonable option. TMBG lets me learn at my own pace, as my schedule allows, and that is invaluable to me.

I'm still perfecting my 4x4 exercises and "notes on the neck" in Lesson 1, but I'm really enjoying the course & I'm already excited about what lies ahead. Hope y'all will be patient with me, because I'll certainly have some dumb questions in the coming days!

ArtLiestman
08-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Welcome, Mutineer. I'm glad to see that you've de-lurked. It is a friendly and supportive group.

Elmeaux
08-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Welcome, Mutineer. Love the avatar.

Good luck with your lessons! Ain't no such thing as a dumb question...unless the name RALPH is involved.

:p

DONNIE B
08-27-2011, 06:37 PM
WELCOME MUNITNEER you made the right move coming to the row. the people here are great need help just ask every one here is more than willing to help .check out the forum it to is great the lesson ;s are really good go at your pace have fun always have fun.again welcome

BrianVW
08-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Hey, Mutineer -- glad to see you here!

SilverFlame46
08-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Mutineer. Glade to have you as part of our family. Good Luck with your lessons!!!

preacherman
08-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Glad to see you taking the chance. I'm like you in that I have no musical background, but this course is fantastic.

pilmat
08-31-2011, 08:47 PM
As a total newb, you might wonder what all the work on scales is about, heck we just want to play songs right! It will make sense very quickly when you see how notes are "linked" when we do start to learn songs. The flow is straight out of the scales (mostly) and you'll already know those, so you'll be well on your way.

Stick with it, in the time that you have, and come back often for surport or just to have a chat.

Mutineer
09-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Thank you all for your kindness. I look forward to getting to know you guys!

:D