08-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Having serious hockey withdrawals.

Bassix
08-30-2011, 07:17 AM
but it IS almost September.

GO DOLPHINS! :D

TroyJames
08-30-2011, 08:36 AM
Unbelievable how fast this summer has gone. Seems like only 3 months ago since we were getting snowed on. Wait, it was only 3 months ago :D. GO SHARKS!

slejhamer
08-30-2011, 10:26 AM
So, if the Caps have the best regular-season record once again, will they make it to the second round of the playoffs before getting blown out, or will that happen sooner? :mad:

Having grown up in L.A., I'm actually a Kings fan, from way back when they wore yellow.

Sad, sad, sad.

Ditto
08-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Think I would rather watch UFC IF I wanted to see fighting :D

TroyJames
08-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Lol Ditto. Like the old saying, "I went to the fights the other night and a hockey game broke out."

The Caps, well, all I can say is, I'm a Sharks fan so I can't really say anything there :p
The Kings should be really fun to watch this year with their new aquisitions.

Mutineer
09-01-2011, 10:29 PM
I think hockey is mostly lost on us Southern folks ... look how successful the Atlanta Thrashers experiment turned out!

It is nice to see football again, though. Roll Tide!!!

PaulUK
09-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Hockey? Isn't that a bit like cricket?

Elmeaux
09-02-2011, 07:52 AM
I think hockey is mostly lost on us Southern folks ... look how successful the Atlanta Thrashers experiment turned out!

They're going to do much better here.

TroyJames
09-02-2011, 09:40 AM

It is nice to see football again, though. Roll Tide!!!

Yea, that was a fiasco but it's done pretty well in Tampa. That team is loaded with talent and now with Yzerman as GM I bet they get another cup in the next 10 years.

Elmeaux
09-02-2011, 09:52 AM

...with grouchier wicket-keepers...

:p

TroyJames
09-02-2011, 10:02 AM

Lol, kinda. Except for the part where nobody knows the rules and all the stopping and starting. :)

This is hockey!
http://youtu.be/stsYjMAYWlo

line6bassman
09-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Whats hockey?

TroyJames
09-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Whats hockey?

The greatest game on Earth (IMHO) played by those northern Cajuns.

DONNIE B
09-02-2011, 06:07 PM
OK Another hokey fan . Still al ittle early yet. there some good fans on the row we had a good time around the cup. big lighting fan also a saber fan.i will talk about any sport. but my rays are really in trouble. but foot ball is al most here . this weekend will be, the start of crazy time around my house. but us hocky fan are here on the roe also:cool:

TroyJames
09-02-2011, 06:21 PM
OK Another hokey fan . Still al ittle early yet. there some good fans on the row we had a good time around the cup. big lighting fan also a saber fan.i will talk about any sport. but my rays are really in trouble. but foot ball is al most here . this weekend will be, the start of crazy time around my house. but us hocky fan are here on the roe also:cool:

I'm glad there are a few hockey fans here too! Even my wife, who is English and doesn't particularly care for sports is an avid hockey fan now. She will watch games even if I'm not here :). We make it an annual big deal to make the drive to San Jose to see the Sharks. Hoping to see Sharks v. Wings (Pavel Datsyuk is an amazing player) this year.

DONNIE B
09-03-2011, 01:41 AM
I'm glad there are a few hockey fans here too! Even my wife, who is English and doesn't particularly care for sports is an avid hockey fan now. She will watch games even if I'm not here :). We make it an annual big deal to make the drive to San Jose to see the Sharks. Hoping to see Sharks v. Wings (Pavel Datsyuk is an amazing player) this year.

thats cooli am going to try to make some bolts games this year . i think Pavel Datsyuk has. the coolest name for a hockey. player plus he plays like a mad man.will have to watch for Crosby if he is healthy. this year.well i guess i better get to bed it is getting late

Bruce Alan
09-05-2011, 04:19 PM

One word antidote for that: Predators. :D

TroyJames
09-05-2011, 04:39 PM
One word antidote for that: Predators. :D

Amen! Especially now that they have Scotty Nichol playing for them this season. I love watching that guy play. Pure heart.

TroyJames
11-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Grrrrr! Sometimes I just don't get professional sports. Most of the guys on the ice are millionaires, and I know they really are great at what they do, but after the last couple Sharks games, I swear sometimes they just don't give a ****. I do know that I am wrong, but I also get very intense about watching hockey and it's frustrating. OK, I'm through ranting. Anyone else enjoying the 11/12 hockey season so far?

slejhamer
11-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Grrrr! is right! Caps fired Boudreau? Why - because he benched a few whining slackers for ... slacking?! Ovechkin is MINUS 7. Semin is only concerned with Semin. Green forgets he's a defenseman.

Well, now we'll see if the problem was the coach or the players.

Grrrr!

Elmeaux
11-29-2011, 04:41 PM
We've been out of the loop, hockey-wise for some time, but things are starting to whip up again. People in hockey shirts everywhere.

:D

I'm only a bystander fan of hockey. Playoffs and the like.