PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

imanita
09-01-2011, 01:26 AM
A hundred or so years ago, I was supposed to play rhythm guitar in a band. The bass player did not show up and I ended up taking his place with a borrowed instrument. After that, I was hooked on the bass and purchased the best bass guitar I could afford. It was a Fender Coronado hollow body with a twisted neck among several other flaws. In spite of this, I managed to hire out as a bass player and eventually earned enough to purchase a Peavey solid body. It was a real treat for me because I no longer had to bend the notes to make them ring true. Anyway, after a few years of working the club scene, I encountered a life-changing event and put music away for about 22 years.

Well, now I'm back and I've got a beautiful guitar. It's a Carvin 6 string and it's beautiful to look at and a joy to play!

It would have been awesome to have a teacher like Roy all those years ago; nevertheless, I'm grateful to have found TMBG at all. I love it! It's put together in such a way that you can benefit from it regardless of your level of expertise.

I have encountered so many awesome bass players that I strive to emulate. To name a few:

Charles Mingus
Jaco Pastorius
Stanley Clark
Victor Wooten
Marcus Miller
Sting
Tom Petersson

and on and on . . .

Geddy Lee
Tal Wilkenfeld

No. Seriously, there are just way to many, and I can't name all of them.

The list keeps growing. Thanks to TMBG, I've become acquainted with even more awesome bass players; like Carol Kaye. She is so amazing!

Roy, you are definitely a gifted musician; but you're also a gifted teacher. If you produce a sequel to TMBG, I will buy it.

Thank You!

SilverFlame46
09-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, imanita. Glade to have you as part of our family and looking forward to your posts!!!

ArtLiestman
09-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the party, Imanita. We look forward to your posts!

BrianVW
09-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi, Imanita -- welcome to Thunder Row -- glad you're here!

A hundred or so years ago, I was supposed to play rhythm guitar in a band. The bass player did not show up and I ended up taking his place with a borrowed instrument. After that, I was hooked on the bass and purchased the best bass guitar I could afford. It was a Fender Coronado hollow body with a twisted neck among several other flaws. In spite of this, I managed to hire out as a bass player and eventually earned enough to purchase a Peavey solid body. It was a real treat for me because I no longer had to bend the notes to make them ring true. Anyway, after a few years of working the club scene, I encountered a life-changing event and put music away for about 22 years.

Well, now I'm back and I've got a beautiful guitar. It's a Carvin 6 string and it's beautiful to look at and a joy to play!

It would have been awesome to have a teacher like Roy all those years ago; nevertheless, I'm grateful to have found TMBG at all. I love it! It's put together in such a way that you can benefit from it regardless of your level of expertise.

I have encountered so many awesome bass players that I strive to emulate. To name a few:

Charles Mingus
Jaco Pastorius
Stanley Clark
Victor Wooten
Marcus Miller
Sting
Tom Petersson

and on and on . . .

Geddy Lee
Tal Wilkenfeld

No. Seriously, there are just way to many, and I can't name all of them.

The list keeps growing. Thanks to TMBG, I've become acquainted with even more awesome bass players; like Carol Kaye. She is so amazing!

Roy, you are definitely a gifted musician; but you're also a gifted teacher. If you produce a sequel to TMBG, I will buy it.

Thank You!

Elmeaux
09-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Howdy and welcome! Good to hear you're enjoying the lessons!

Don't forget to get your name into the draw for some free DR strings!

http://www.thunderrow.com/content.php?922-Is-There-a-DR-In-the-House

:cool:

TLDTR
09-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi, Imanita - Welcome to the Row. Great bio! You reminded me of my first bass - which I ordered from a Speigle catalog - had a neck modeled on a boomerang. You could practically measure right angles with it! My next, a Telsco, was equivalent in weight to a C-class Destroyer but, combined with my Ampeg 15" flip-top tube amp (which now lies at the bottom of the Atlantic somewhere off the New Jersey coast...but that's another story) produced the sweetest thunder this side of heaven.
Good to have you!
Ed.

DONNIE B
09-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Imanita welcome. glad to have you on the row and tmbg .you have come to the best place.all of the people here are all willing to help . all you is have to ask. plus the forum is great.well i can go on and on . well have fun . get your five post and have a blast:cool:

Mutineer
09-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Hello to a veteran, from a complete noob!

derecola
09-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the party...

Russell K Shores
09-07-2011, 07:28 PM
This is a real cool place to hang , Roy has a great program that will get playing in no time. . Enjoy and if I can help just let me know .

Brad.S
09-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Welcome, I'm sure you would have some great knowledge to share, especially to a complete novice like myself.