PDA

View Full Version : Mid Life Bass Crisis...it's a good thing tho'

kassbass
11-13-2011, 09:11 PM
I look forward to spending time on this site sharing and taking in all the knowledge stored here. Making my way through the CD's in the course work is slower than I expected (it's me - not the material); I'm squeezing in as much time as possible after work. It's been 2 yrs since picking up the bass again after a 20 yr gap - and I love every minute that I can spend on it.
KassBass (Karen)

line6bassman
11-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Welcome Karen to TR!! Remember no Fret-boarding around here. No need to fret or get board just take your time and have fun that's what the bass is all about!!

Line6bassman

Elmeaux
11-14-2011, 12:18 AM
Welcome, Karen, and good luck. Feel free to post pix of your axes and gear!

nolasafari
11-14-2011, 06:05 AM
Welcome KassBass (Karen). When I read the title of the thread i thought it would have something to do with a blond and a sports car, I guess it still could.

Jim

SilverFlame46
11-14-2011, 06:19 AM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Karen. Glade to have you aboard. Good Luck with your lessons and above all take your time and have FUN!!!

Alexer47
11-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Welcome Karen. I too am having that mid-life crisis (which my wife thinks is my attempt to relive my teenage years. I am just starting learning thru the dvds and it is a slow process but then little by little it starts to work. And I agree don't fret.

Bassix
11-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Welcome, Karen!

The fact that you love your time spent on bass means that everything will fall into place in due time. Keep on thumpin'!

TobiasMan
11-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the bass (again) and the world of TMBG. One of the best resources available on the web to learn bass guitar. Lots of help and encouragement here and even Roy appears here periodically to comment, offer tips or just set us straight. ;)

Stephen
11-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi Karen! I think you'll find a couple of mid lifers here as I too am one. I find myself trying to make up for lost time and practice everyday sometimes for hours. Welcome.

TroyJames
11-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi Karen. From one bassaholic to another, glad you're here :)

DONNIE B
11-14-2011, 07:24 PM
WELCOME to the row.and back to the bass. Take your time and enjoy it.have fun.this place is so cool. The forum is really cool and informative.the people here are the best. Very fun and full of knowledge.willing to help THE blogs are great also.glade you found the ROW.Hope you have fun and enjoy your lessons.remember its all good. loven life and bass.

Husker72
11-22-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm squeezing in as much time as possible after work.

Yeah Karen, that work stuff can really get in the way of bass practice time. Fun to be part of this group!