PDA

View Full Version : Back in the groove

rik-b
11-17-2011, 05:46 AM
I played bass years ago and have recently rediscovered how much I like it. I'm not as good as I remember me being though. So I'm back in the groove and enjoying every minute of the TMBG course.

Elmeaux
11-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Welcome, rik-b. Good luck with the lessons. Join in on our conversations and keep us posted on your lessons.

david
11-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Hey, Rik-b - I think you'll find a lot of folks on the Row with similar stories. I, for one, played bass in a rock band ... let's just say many years ago ... but never took the time to learn it. (Of course, that was back when I knew it all ... ). Thanks to Roy, I'm learning how little I know. Thanks for the reminder, Roy!
Welcome, Rik-b.

SilverFlame46
11-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, rik-b. Glade to have you aboard!!!

TobiasMan
11-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Welcome to TMBG! Even those of us who have been playing for years find an amazing amount of stuff we need to learn, or bad habits that have to be unlearned!

This is a great place of sharing problems and celebrating successes.

line6bassman
11-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Welcome to TMBG! Even those of us who have been playing for years find an amazing amount of stuff we need to learn, or bad habits that have to be unlearned!

This is a great place of sharing problems and celebrating successes.

Welcome ric-b to the Row!! But watch out like TobiasMan said about bad habits are Roy might jump out at you like he did me while he was teaching me in New Orleans and hollered out at me. JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP PLAYING WITH ONE FINGER, PLAY WITH TWO!!!!!!!!!!!
It must be something about the james's with the one finger thing. You know like James Jamerson. Just kidding, Roy won't jump out at you
from the dvd. Thank goodness!! But I still catch my self playing with one finger once in awhile and then switch back to two and say, Ok,
Roy I'm playing with 2!! LOL!! Wow I hope he (Roy) wasn't looking. Welcome again and have fun with your bass!! Basscrazed I say!!!

Line6bassman

ArtLiestman
11-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the party, rik-b. By the way, you can also play with a pick!

***as he ducks for cover***

Bassix
11-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi, Rik-b. Keep practicing your TMBG lessons and I have no doubt you'll soon be better than you remember!

Bruce Alan
11-18-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm not as good as I remember me being though.

Oh, you will be in no time - and better! Welcome aboard.

DONNIE B
11-19-2011, 11:54 AM
welcome to the ROW. Glad to have you here . good luck. love;n life & BASS