PDA

View Full Version : Old dog finds new habit

Easyrider
11-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Hey guys and gals very new to the bass or trying to play it was a drummer for 20 years then blowed knees out havnt played for 10 years had sold all my equipment afte my kids got grown and out of the house I relized I miss music so bad so I picked up bass was tired of laying down the beat always wanted to lay down the groove to get the people up on there feet just started roy's program and I love it
Can't wait to be able to bring the thunder one day

Elmeaux
11-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Welcome, Easy Rider! I like your plan! Enjoy the lessons and get busy on the forum. Post pictures of your bass gear, too!

ArtLiestman
11-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the party, Mr. Rider!

SilverFlame46
11-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Welcome, Easyrider. Good luck with your lessons and have FUN!!!

DONNIE B
11-20-2011, 01:53 PM
wecome EASYRIDER.you came to the right place this place is great and the people hear are just as great , so jump in and have fun.

rmiddle
11-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Welcome Easy. I hope you enjoy the lessons as much as I have. It's a lot of fun. Playing the drums will help. Enjoy!!

Alexer47
11-21-2011, 07:25 AM
Welcome Easy. I also just started recently so I can understand the enthusiasm. Roy and the gang make this such a ( how would one say?) easy ride.( Sorry couldn't help myself) Good luck with the lessons and hopefully we will be jamming soon.

TobiasMan
11-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Welcome to the "mostly oldtimers" gang. Many here have taken up the bass after a period (sometimes long!) of not being involved with music. Roy's approach is very easy to follow - progress at your own pace and any time you need a lesson or a review, he's right there. Lots of help and encouragement here as well. Ask questions, get sympathy, get kicked in the butt for letting things slide, but keep at it.

There is a lot of material in the 20 lessons and there is probably well over a years worth of material for someone with the time and dedication to push it. Most of us find that pace too fast and are progressing at our own pace. Get one lesson, and the finger/technique/strength down before you move on to the next one as the next lessons build on the previous ones.

Easyrider
11-21-2011, 01:26 PM
man i like a forum with alot of great people it seems and nice encouragement to have that is very refreshing ty all

Elmeaux
11-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Having a friendly place to hang out makes it comfortable to learn and ask questions. We have many experts among us - gearheads, gigging musicians, as well as many students who are well into the course - folks who can help with whatever you ask.

TroyJames
11-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi Easyrider. Just want to chip in and say welcome and that this course has been fantastic so far.

Husker72
11-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Hope you're enjoying the course as much as I am. I have been pleasantly surprised at how thorough it is.