PDA

View Full Version : Maybe good, maybe bad, but I like the sound.

TroyJames
11-29-2011, 08:34 PM
I am now the proud owner of a guitar amp. I got it for $20.00 from a friend who's son tried and gave up the guitar. It is a Johnson Loredo T25-R. It's a tube amp, 25 watt. Since my bass amp went down the tubes (heheheh) this is a Godsend. After much fiddling around with the controls, I have a sound coming out of it that I really like. What I am concerned about however is, how bad is it on this amp (has 1 10" speaker) to be playing my bass through it? I have kept the volume pretty low thus far. It does have an 8 ohm extention speaker jack, could I add another bass cab to take some of the stress off the 10"? I really have no idea about all this.

Bruce Alan
11-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Keep the volume low enough to not break up the speaker and bass frequencies in check and you should be fine. I use a guitar amp in my stage rig and have no problems at all, so you should be just fine for 20 bucks.

TroyJames
11-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks Bruce. That should be no problem as I'm find that I like to play pretty far in the background and am muting the strings pretty heavily with my fretting hand to get a strong percussive sound.

TroyJames
12-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Made a video with the bass for the sound. I'm no Roy or Lane but hey, give me 20 years and ya never know....:p
http://youtu.be/1Kq1xm87040

TroyJames
12-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Heck, I'm on a roll today. Might be a stale roll but , what the hey, why not.
http://youtu.be/uPelkCCNE-k

Elmeaux
12-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Great songs! Love 'em both.

You're really getting in the groove, too.

The amp looks/sounds sweet. Very vintage.

Thanks for posting, Troy!

TroyJames
12-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Glad ya like em Elmeaux :). Yea, definately feeling the groove more and more but how could I not? This course has been fantastic, playing with Roy's band makes a huge difference.

line6bassman
12-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I know you want me to say it so GO HEAD!!! With you self you'll be in a band before you know it!

Me i've been checking in here on my phone due to internet being out now for almost 7 days now and at&t teck say's it was never hooked right. But enough of me. GO HEAD!! With your feeling it again self Son!

Line6bassman

ArtLiestman
12-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Keep it up, Troy! Well done. Now you've gotta let that beard get longer...

TroyJames
12-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Dang Line6, hope you get your computer back up soon. Hopefully I will get to play in a band, on a stage, making people happy one of these days. I look on Craigslist everyday :confused:
Thanks Art. Funny, I was sort of thinking the same thing about the beard.

Bruce Alan
12-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Nice work! Not a bad sounding little amp at all.

TroyJames
12-02-2011, 03:31 PM
I was suprised too. Kind of thought a guitar amp would never work for a bass but for just a few bucks, why not try it. Also, he gave me a Digitech rp200 but I don't care for the way it makes the bass sound. It does have a cool drum track feature but I found a much better one on the interweb.

line6bassman
12-02-2011, 07:59 PM
I know you want me to say it so GO HEAD!!! With you self you'll be in a band before you know it!

Me i've been checking in here on my phone due to internet being out now for almost 7 days now and at&t teck say's it was never hooked up right.

Line6bassman

Yaba Daba DOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Back on line after 7 days!!! No basscrazed site and loss of money on this down time. Why does this internet stuff on my end have to be such a BIt@@ on my end all the time.??????? OK!! Nice to be back any how!!!

O yea, now to go check what these 350 emails are about now.

Line6bassman

Elmeaux
12-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Glad to have ya back!

Bassix
12-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Nice job, Troy. That Peavey Cirrus was sounding some kinda good (South-speak for "Go 'head!!!"). ;) Keep up the good work!

TroyJames
12-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Nice job, Troy. That Peavey Cirrus was sounding some kinda good (South-speak for "Go 'head!!!"). ;) Keep up the good work!

Cool, thanks Bassix :) Lol, some kinda good!

line6bassman
12-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Cool, thanks Bassix :) Lol, some kinda good!

Some kinda good!! That'sa GO HEAD!! Outa me!!