PDA

View Full Version : With a little help from my friends

Ditto
12-18-2011, 07:42 PM
If you read in the other post about bad days, you know I auditioned for a 80's cover band and did not get the gig. So I called some old friends and made a new one, the drummer. Last night we all got together for the first time and jammed through a lot of songs and talked about goals and what we all wanted out of this project.

We all have full time jobs and just want to have fun and maybe play a party or two. But no gigging every weekend till 2 AM and girls throwing bras at you......... although that would not be a bad thing THUMP OUCH! Sorry honey, yes that would be a bad thing ..... really. We all feel the same way, so I think this has some good potential
. It was a lot of fun and now just to work out the set list and get after it!

Later all

And HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

See you next YEAR!

DITTO

Elmeaux
12-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Good luck! Parties can be fun for a band!!!

line6bassman
12-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Ditto That!! Best too ya!!

Line6bassman

Rubbersoul
12-19-2011, 02:50 AM
Go for it Ditto, sounds like great fun, I would love to be doing the same, a lot more practice and I'll get there one day.:D

SilverFlame46
12-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Merry Christmas, Ditto. Have a Happy and Safe New Year!!!

TobiasMan
12-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Its not worth doing if you aren't having fun! Go for it.

Ditto
12-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Hey, I found this by accident.
The band I auditioned for in November posted this to youtube. If you have nothig better to do you can watch it. Remember I did not get the gig, but my MESA sure sounds good in that hanger.
Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBAgYJbFQzw&feature=related

P.S. I am the guy in the grey shirt playing the bass....... LOL! :cool:

Elmeaux
12-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Fabby. Nice playing.

I'd love to hear that close up in that big space. Nice.

Rubbersoul
12-23-2011, 04:53 PM
You look like the only one who was getting into it, great playing by the way

Bassix
12-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Remember I did not get the gig....

Their loss, Ditto, their loss.

You were definitely holding down the bottom end!

Bruce Alan
12-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Their loss, Ditto, their loss.

You were definitely holding down the bottom end!

Indeed, their loss. You did a fine job.

Elmeaux
12-23-2011, 07:37 PM
If you have a gmail account, post a comment to the video. I just did.

line6bassman
12-24-2011, 09:24 AM
I just did!! This is what I put. I agree with the first response who's the grooving bass player? Didn't he play with some big well known group? OK, Maybe not but sounds good!!

line6bassmanTR 1 second ago

SilverFlame46
12-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Good job, Ditto!!!

Ditto
12-27-2011, 05:29 PM
LOL!

You guys.

The guy that posted the video sent me an e-mail today about the comments......

"I got a bunch of comments on this video. I assumed they were from some of your students but I don't know who they are. There were two more comments made that I received as emails. Cheers."

LOL, I am not sure what to tell him?

Thanks

Ditto

Elmeaux
12-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Tell him you have a strong support system and friends who really appreciate you. Then ask how the band is doing and wish them the best of luck.

line6bassman
12-29-2011, 05:57 PM
YA!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Line6bassman

PaulUK
12-30-2011, 04:04 AM
Tell him he needs a new drummer.........

:eek:

Elmeaux
12-30-2011, 05:02 AM
Ex-ACTLY!!

:rolleyes:

Ditto
12-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Funny,

I was going to say some not so nice things to him, but thanks Elmeaux, I took the high road and pointed out that it was people from this forum that I had shared the video with.

So he writes me back and tells me that he has another project going on playing all 60's music and askes me to be the bass player for that?

Go figure!

I have not replied yet as it is the week between Christmas and New Years, and I am on VACATION or HOLIDAY for others.

Although there are a lot of good songs on the list he sent me, I am not really into the "flower power" era of music. I am more the "Aquanet and Spandex" Era of music....... LOL! I crack my self up....

OH and he has a different dummer for that........ :)

Thanks

Ditto

Elmeaux
12-30-2011, 12:04 PM
I was going to say some not so nice things to him, but thanks Elmeaux, I took the high road and pointed out that it was people from this forum that I had shared the video with.

So he writes me back and tells me that he has another project going on playing all 60's music and asks me to be the bass player for that?
Projecting bad vibes toward someone usually ends up backfiring and surrounding YOU as the one who's in control of the negative energy. That's why the comment I put on their video was to praise YOU rather than cut THEM down.

Take the 60s gig. Bring your TMBG family mojo to the band and add a notch to your playing resume.

Bassix
12-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Take the 60s gig. Bring your TMBG family mojo to the band and add a notch to your playing resume.

+1

Might lead to something more in line with your tastes/goals.

line6bassman
12-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Yea!! And if I lived in your neck of the woods and you didn't want it I would try out because now your speaking my language!!
60's 70's GO!!! HEAD!!! AND WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Line6bassman

Rubbersoul
12-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Maybe he thought you were up to the task but the other members (the dummer drummer) voted you out of contention, playin with a band is what most of us want to do, if you don't hold any bad feelings over what happened before, go for it.

Ditto
12-31-2011, 01:03 AM
I have started playing with some other guys already or I would. I met up with a bud that I have not seen since 84 and he has come to the house a few times now so we could work on stuff. We plan on getting the whole band together by Feb and playing by May..... Goals, got to have Goals!

But thanks everyone.

Rubbersoul
12-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Excellent stuff Ditto.

Bruce Alan
01-01-2012, 01:48 AM
I have started playing with some other guys already or I would.

Oh heck, don't limit yourself to one band! I'm in 3-4 different bands at any given time and having the time of my life. Variety is a blast.

Ditto
01-07-2012, 11:46 AM
I am afraid the my limits are limiting myself LOL!

I have started a new work shedule, I have to be at work at 5:45 AM every day now..... who works that early! YUK! Good and bad thing is I have no more overtime, I was working 11 hour days. I have more time now but less money. So starting at 5:45 and a 1/2 hour lunch I get off work at 2:15 and home by 2:35. I live in Sacramento Ca. and it is a pretty good sized city so to give you perspective, when I worked 9 hours I would get off work at 4:30 and would take me an hour to make the same drive that now takes 20 min. NO TRAFFIC is the cool thing about the new schedule. I have also played my bass everyday this week..... that is GOOD too :) But it is hard to go to bed at 9 PM when you and your family are kind of like the night owl types. Anyway i will stick to one project at a time for now. Thanks :)