PDA

View Full Version : new to thunder row

REEDER
12-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi all just having fun with my bass ..I am 55 and thought it was time learn the bass ..some times you put things off to long Ha HAa Ha . love the course just slow going for me but thats ok . as long as I have you guys for encouragement I hope .I was looking at a acoustic bass an fender t-bucket does any buddy know anything about them . thanks for the help and encouragement Randy :cool:

Elmeaux
12-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Welcome to the Row, Randy. Barricwiley has a Kingman bass - as far as I know, this is in the same family as the T-Bucket. Maybe he can give you some info.

http://www.thunderrow.com/content.php?495-Mr-Wiley-And-His-Kingman

ArtLiestman
12-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Welcome, Randy! You'll like it here.

SilverFlame46
12-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Welcome to Thunder Row and TMBG, Randy. Glade to have you with us. Don't worry about going slow as Roy designed the course for you to go at your own pace. Good Luck with your lessons!!!

REEDER
12-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome . :cool: Randy

Bassix
12-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Welcome, Randy. It's never too late! :)

barricwiley
12-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi Randy, I sent you a pm.
Welcome aboard mate.
Richard

DONNIE B
12-26-2011, 06:28 PM
welcome randy don;t sweat going slow that is me slow and steady.you will have fun here every helps every one else .it is never to late.remember to have fun. its all good .love;n LIFE &BASS

REEDER
12-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi Richard I tried to reply to your p.m. but the system wouldn't let me. My wife picked me up a Fender T-bucket bass. It sounds good amped but needs more sound acoustically. I was wondering maybe...strings..or maybe a fat finger I dont know much about them. Thanks for the help ..Randy

Bassic Bill
12-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the Row, Reeder. Enjoy the journey, remember to have fun.

TobiasMan
12-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the Row!

I don't think that any of the acoustic basses have what significant volume if unamplified. They tend to be OK for a quiet jazz or acoustic group, but you have a "loudish" drummer or are playing against a KB or an electric guitar, it will tend to be buried if not amplified.

Alexer47
12-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Welcome Randy. Us middle age guys understand going slow more time to enjoy the ride. Just out of curiosity what type of music are into? Myself it would have to be the blues just because I am old enough to understand them

Husker72
12-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Welcome to TR, Randy -- fun place -- nice people. There's lots of good info on the site.

Oh, by the way, you're certainly not the oldest guy on the site. I have it on good authority, though, that playing bass keeps you young. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

barricwiley
12-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Hi Again Randy,
I hate to break it to you but played without plugging in won't be getting much louder.
I see that your guitar came with different strings than mine so not sure about how that may effect the volume. I installed Fender Flats on my Kingman because I could not get rid of buzzing strings, the flats took care of the problem for me where neck adjustments did not help at all. I play acoustically with a good friend of mine and when I do I use a nice thick smooth edged pick and get good results. I do now have an electric bass so it is a pleasantry to play the either way on the acoustic.- viva the difference. When alone it is loud enough for me to practice with and when I want more I do plug in. I have done a ton of research on the computer and no one has done any better than you and I with the volume of acoustic bass. I will say that I am very happy with the flats because they let me slide all over the board almost like a fretless and I love that feeling cause I am to inept to actually play one.

REEDER
12-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi ALEXER47: I'm with you I love the blues. I like to hear Willie Dixon on the bass, and most of my CD's are the blues. Now I'm listening to Willie Kent. He's a blues bass player. If you've never heard of him check him out.

Husker: I hope your right, I hope learning the bass keeps me young for my wife's sake.

Barricwiley: Thanks for the reply on the acoustic. I just thought it would be nice to get a little more volume with out being amped. I do have a violin bass with flats on it but I never thought I could use it on my acoustic.

Thanks again for the warm welcome to the site. Reeder I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a Fender fat finger on their acoustic?