PDA

View Full Version : On First Bass

Bushrat
01-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Hi to all,
The start of this new year will find me beginning the TMBG lessons that I just received yesterday. I came back to music after many (40) years away from it. I started my journey back to music by re-acquainting myself with the instrument I was most familiar with, the drums. After a couple of years working on that, I got a six string guitar and started relearning that. I always had an interest in the bass guitar, as it is somewhat a close kin to the drums in its application, so I decided to add it to my list of instruments to learn. I want to do it right, for once, and not stumble around for months trying to figure it out, so I bought this course.
I also bought a bass guitar from a friend and expected it to feel somewhat like a six string. Wrong. Different animal all together. This should be interesting.
After I post this intro I shall get another cup of coffee and begin with lesson one. I am looking forward to a long and enjoyable relationship with the bass guitar and Thunder Row as I endeavor to become a more rounded and useful member of our band.

Elmeaux
01-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Welcome, welcome, Bushrat! Glad to have ya with us. Good luck with the lessons.

...and "a different animal" is surely true. This is not a lead guitar.

:eek:

ArtLiestman
01-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the party, Bushrat. You'll find the forum is a useful and friendly place. Glad to have you with us.

REEDER
01-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Welcome to THUNDER ROW Bushrat

Edward Roman
01-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Bienvenido a la Gran Familia de TMBG!
Welcome to the Great TMBG Family! You are in for a treat, i bought my TMBG and honestly, in thirty five days i was playing along with the band, and i had been searching for like 20 months for the right course, and here we are, enjoy it and ask away my brother, ask away, some one will always give you a solution here at TMBG.

SilverFlame46
01-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Welcome, Bushrat. Glade to have you as part of Thunder Row and TMBG. Good Luck with your lessons and have FUN!!!