PDA

View Full Version : hello from New Mexico, Just an old guy looking to pick up a new habit

boxersbrewing
01-06-2012, 05:47 PM
I am 46 years old decided to start playing bass last year. I have found myself playing with some groups my friends have but need a lot more learning. Thinking about picking up the TMBG DVD's tonight.

Bruce Alan
01-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the party, boxersbrewing!

Elmeaux
01-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Welcome, boxersbrewing. I hope the thinking about getting the TMBG course turns into a done deal. Could possibly be the best thing you'll ever do for your playing.

:D

SilverFlame46
01-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Welcome, boxersbrewing. I highly recommend TMBG, you will not be sorry if you purchase it!!!

jk1313
01-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Picked up TMBG last month and just joined the fourm. Had played bass for a while many years ago but never "learned" how to play. Having fun and impressed with TMBG and Roy's style of teaching. Also helps with cabin fever during the winter.

boxersbrewing
01-06-2012, 10:18 PM
thanks for the welcome everyone...I will be ordering, I really want some thing that I can re visit time and time again when I want. Not to mention people around here want a lot for lessons...and you don't really know what you are getting with a teacher until you have paid for a few lessons.

boxersbrewing
01-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Well, just bought it...can't wait for it to get here

DONNIE B
01-06-2012, 11:22 PM
cool boxersbrewing you will not be sorry the people here are the best ,you wil soon see .and be learning and having fun. and hanging out on the ROW. and learning and having fun there also .so WELCOME

Elmeaux
01-07-2012, 12:17 AM

Did they give you a temporary code to enter into your profile? If so, enter it...I'll then upgrade your membership to full status. There are areas only open to TMBG students...

:eek:

TLDTR
01-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Hello Boxersbrewing. Welcome to the Row. We all look forward to following your progress with TMBG!

SilverFlame46
01-07-2012, 06:52 AM

Congratulations, boxersbrewing. You made a wise decision and I know you will be very happy that you purchased the TMBG course once you receive it and start your lessons!!!

REEDER
01-07-2012, 07:59 PM
WELCOME to the Row boxersbrewing :cool:

boxersbrewing
01-08-2012, 10:20 AM
I sure hope I am thrilled...every thing I have read about the course is positive and I am really eager to learn how to play, not just memorize songs from tabs. Or the hit and miss of listening and trying to work it out by ear. I want a some theory, how songs are put together things that will teach me to improvise and really be able to play with a band. I can't wait to start.